Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Securing a car/truck/trunk gun effectively and efficiently.

Piggybacking on this thread. I'd like to find a cable/trigger lock type device that would allow me to lock the gun to keep kids out but allow quick access on my end. Maybe a cable would be best so it could also be secured to something. Not concerned about totally encasing the gun or preventing a determined their with tools.

Many gun shops have had piles of the small cable locks for cheap or free after they were mandated or commonly given with new guns years ago. I grabbed a few for the sort of thing you are looking at. Some bike cables may be useful for securing to seat frames or whatever. A dog run cable could be subsituted also, though youd have a lot of spare cable rolled up out of the way.

I keep a small lockbox in the vehicle when travelling with the key on a cord around my neck, along with the vehicle door remote.

Site Supporter
    My recent solution to when I transport firearms and need to secure them. It's a Tuffy 36 x 20 x 9 box and it fits my 2018 Jeep Compass very well. It has both a combination lock as well as a keyed push button. No I don't leave firearms in it 24/7, so let's not open up that whole debate.... The model number is 327 Tactical Security Vault. It's secured by a cable and there are also 4 holes in the bottom to screw it down as well. The interior is lined.
    Name:  Trunk2.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  51.6 KBName:  Trunk1.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  41.2 KB

Hope this helps anyone in the market for one.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    My recent solution to when I transport firearms and need to secure them. It's a Tuffy 36 x 20 x 9 box and it fits my 2018 Jeep Compass very well. It has both a combination lock as well as a keyed push button. No I don't leave firearms in it 24/7, so let's not open up that whole debate.... The model number is 327 Tactical Security Vault. It's secured by a cable and there are also 4 holes in the bottom to screw it down as well. The interior is lined.
    Name:  Trunk2.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  51.6 KBName:  Trunk1.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  41.2 KB

Hope this helps anyone in the market for one.
    Do you have a link for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Do you have a link for that?
    Tuffy has a lotta stuff.
    https://www.tuffyproducts.com/defaul...8aAqNEEALw_wcB
    I have their box under the back seat of the extended cap F-150. You take out the jack, put in the box, then bolt the jack.mount back in. Nice box that would be tough to remove.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I unbolted the support brackets for under the back seat of my truck and had Highway Products make me a custom lock box with split doors that match the 70/30 seat split. Bolted it to the truck with the bolt holes for the brackets. Hidden, tons of storage, three or more rifles and other kit.

Child car seats now make the box absolutely worthless. With the three seats in the back, 30 minutes minimum to get into that box.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Tuffy has a lotta stuff. I have their box under the back seat of the extended cap F-150. You take out the jack, put in the box, then bolt the jack.mount back in. Nice box that would be tough to remove.
    Here is the specific one I have:
    https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-425-...150-x-cab.aspx
    You have the option to store the jack someplace else and there would be enough room for an AR, but might be a little short, like maybe a 14.5" pinned gun would fit.

I plan to remove the center section of my seat and fabricate a way to mount one of these:
    https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-88-s...2-12-wide.aspx
    I had one in our older Suburban and it was great.

Tuffy Products made/makes the big box in the back of my wife’s 2004 Jeep Wrangler. Until I sold my ‘98 Wrangler, it was my lock box. Good, long-lasting products.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    ...Highway Products make me a custom lock box with split doors...
    Highway Products' 'Double Barn Door Underbody Box' with the optional 'Security Bar Lock' (combined with a pick-resistant high-security padlock), looks to be the best and most secure trunk option that I've ever seen. I've been watching them for a while now, on some passing tractor-trailers, but - until now - I don't know who'd made them. And, to think, they do custom work, too!

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Maybe NH is different than where I grew up, but I don't think I'd feel comfortable having vo-tech handle that task. Almost akin to a police department asking prisoners to build their armory door at an offsite storage warehouse. In our education system, Vo-tech has become the dumping ground for the fucked up kids. More than half the kids from my high-school who attended vo-tech were drug addicts or so.e other form of upstanding pillar of society, some of which were already in/out of jail at least once by 18.
    Must vary by area. I attended Vo Tec part time in 2019 to upgrade some skills. I attended the daytime curriculum where the students were full time and I was pretty impressed with the quality of the kids. Especially compared to some of the yahoos that were enrolled 30 or so years ago when I attended full time.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List