Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig MPX?

I am waiting on form one paperwork to clear on a MPX Competition model so I can run an eight inch upper on it for JFK style gaming.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

So what's the consensus on the MPX? Are these FMC? Any reliability/longevity issues people are noticing on the newer models?

Older thread, but wanted to see what the current state of the MPX is. Considering one for PCC, probably the competition model.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Older thread, but wanted to see what the current state of the MPX is. Considering one for PCC, probably the competition model.
    Delightful to shoot, especially with factory ammo as the gas system makes for a soft shooting PCC. They all break, it is just a matter of when.

It seems that the best PCC option for competition is still the AR 9mm based setup. Max Leograndis has put some info out on his Instagram on good components and he seems responsive to questions. I know a guy who set one up per Max's advice and he is very satisfied with the performance (he switched from a JP 9mm)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Delightful to shoot, especially with factory ammo as the gas system makes for a soft shooting PCC. They all break, it is just a matter of when.
    Are the Gen 2 MPXes any substantive improvement over the Gen 1 models, particular with respect to durability issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Are the Gen 2 MPXes any substantive improvement over the Gen 1 models, particular with respect to durability issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I had early ones, and also the latest competition model, which is either Gen 2 or 3. The competition model is improved, but they still break. Was just speaking with a local shooter whose MPX competition model was flawless until he got to the PCC Nationals, where lack of reliability ruined his match. The MPX is probably a great gun for Steel Challenge, since if it goes down, it can be your throw away run.

As I have said before, if soldiers went to war with either a MPX or blow back AR9, it would be ugly, and I am talking about lack of reliability not terminal ballistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    It seems that the best PCC option for competition is still the AR 9mm based setup. Max Leograndis has put some info out on his Instagram on good components and he seems responsive to questions. I know a guy who set one up per Max's advice and he is very satisfied with the performance (he switched from a JP 9mm)
    Of course, last I heard, Max was carrying a spare BCG on his competition belt.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What usually goes down? Are parts difficult to source?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    What usually goes down? Are parts difficult to source?
    All sorts of things around the firing pin, firing pin string, extractor and gas system. I am not even counting triggers which are tough in the MPX and blow back AR9 guns.

Sig can be tough on parts. When I broke a firing pin spring before Area 2 a few years ago, they only had two springs in stock, and sent me them to the wrong place, forcing me to use my second MPX as a spare parts gun and hope I didn’t break another spring. ILWT has carried MPX parts, as a source other than Sig. An issue with Sig is they often don’t want to send parts, they want you to return the whole gun.

If you are a serious competitor, I think you want three MPX guns, so can practice with one, compete with another and have a third for back up or parts.

User Tag List