Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig MPX?

I have the carbine version of the MPX. Felt recoil is the same/slightly less than an MP5. I don't get all of these recoil complaints. Are people actually out there shooting them?

Best solution: buy an MP5, a scorpion, an MPX, GLOCK AR15 carbine, etc...but them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    I have the carbine version of the MPX. Felt recoil is the same/slightly less than an MP5. I don't get all of these recoil complaints. Are people actually out there shooting them?
    I haven't shot a MPX but I've shot a MP5 so that's good to know. I don't know what complaints you're talking about. I was refering to blowback guns.
    Last edited by mrozowjj; 05-06-2016 at 03:35 PM.

I got to handle a factory SBR MPX today. It had the new factory optic mounted on it that looks kind of like an Aimpoint. The reticle was more like an eotech though. Supposedly the sight is motion activated. Turns off after twenty minutes of no movement but turns on as soon as it is moved.
    Anyway, the carbine appeared to be very well made. Everything locked up solid and worked smoothly. I did not get a chance to fire one. Supposedly SIG is working on integrally suppressed models as well as .40 and .357.
    Cost for the 9mm ones I saw were $1200.00 with the sight. That was the non-cop street price.

That sounds like a great deal. I just paid $1150 for a pistol with just irons. Still gotta add a stock, sight and pay for the stamp

Resurrecting an old thread but felt like it belongs here rather than a new one.

What kind of setup/ammo/suppressor combos are people finding work well with the MPX?

I purchased a 6 inch barreled version. When it came in I did not have a fixed barrel spacer for my Eco 9, so I grabbed some Blazer 124gn, went to the range, and sighted in the RDS. I felt like I got good groups at 25 and 50 yards.

Well the fixed spacer came in last week, so I attached the Eco 9, grabbed some American Eagle 147gn to take full advantage of the suppressor and went to the range.
    First 3 shots weren't centered, but were a respectable group. After that though, it really opened up and had no good consistency at all. Target looked like a shotgun was taken to it.

I checked both the RDS and can, they are both still nice and tight.

So I'm wondering if I need to give up on the subsonic ammo, try a longer barrel, or something else.

Thanks
    cc

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Resurrecting an old thread but felt like it belongs here rather than a new one.

What kind of setup/ammo/suppressor combos are people finding work well with the MPX?

I purchased a 6 inch barreled version. When it came in I did not have a fixed barrel spacer for my Eco 9, so I grabbed some Blazer 124gn, went to the range, and sighted in the RDS. I felt like I got good groups at 25 and 50 yards.

Well the fixed spacer came in last week, so I attached the Eco 9, grabbed some American Eagle 147gn to take full advantage of the suppressor and went to the range.
    First 3 shots weren't centered, but were a respectable group. After that though, it really opened up and had no good consistency at all. Target looked like a shotgun was taken to it.

I checked both the RDS and can, they are both still nice and tight.

So I'm wondering if I need to give up on the subsonic ammo, try a longer barrel, or something else.

Thanks
    cc
    AKAIK the make a 4” and an 8” from the factory.

Does your can go under the handguards ?

Yes the can is under the handguards, sticks out around an inch past the handguard.

Thanks
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 04-21-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Yes the can is under the handguards, sticks out around an inch past the handguard.

Thanks
    Do some searching here in either CZ scorpion or suppressor threads. I recall PF member @PaulD had a similar issue.

Looks like he got his problems resolved with going to a 3 lug mount.

So far I can't find a 3 lug adapter for the Eco 9. They are no longer in production.

Slight off topic rant: I now have 2 cans which are out of production and when that happens, spare parts dry up super fast. My Trident 9 was top of the line when I purchased it and within 2 years I couldn't find any parts. Next time I purchase a can I'm going to buy every single adapter they make for it right away.
    Anyway, back on topic.

Thanks for the help.

cc

User Tag List