Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig MPX?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don't have BUIS on my Rattler, although I went with an Aimpoint for size and reliability. Perhaps low profile BUIS might make sense on a .300, given the superiority of the cartridge, but with 9mm, I would rather shoot my pistol with a dot than a bag gun in 9 with iron sights.
    So your inclination for a 9mm bag gun would be dot no irons?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    What are people’s thoughts about a dot with no irons for something like a little MPX Copperhead?
    For backup in case the red dot optic fails, I have a TLR-8 with the green laser on my MPX, mounted upside down on the 12 o’clock rail. The optic is mounted high enough and the TLR-8 is small enough so as to not cause any significant blockage of the optic window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@nalesq
    @HeavyDuty

I wonder if 45 degree offset mount for backup would work out for this application.

As silly as it sounds, I might almost consider a small pistol RDS on a 45 offset as a backup rather than take up hand guard real estate with irons.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    @nalesq
    @HeavyDuty

I wonder if 45 degree offset mount for backup would work out for this application.

As silly as it sounds, I might almost consider a small pistol RDS on a 45 offset as a backup rather than take up hand guard real estate with irons.
    For a small bag gun (which is the niche my little MPX falls in), I didn’t want anything that increased the width of the package, so I wouldn’t have gone with an offset mount.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    @nalesq
    @HeavyDuty

I was thinking 45°s might be an option, but most I’ve seen are pretty high profile because they are sized for round rails - the Copperhead is pretty narrow. I did see these, they may be an option - they seem lower profile:

https://xssights.com/products/xti2-4...itium-set.html

Edit - MBUS Pro offsets may actually be lower when folded.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 06-20-2022 at 02:01 PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Another possibility is to go with a prismatic optic, like the Primary Arms SLx 1x MicroPrism. That way if the battery dies, you still have a useable reticle as a backup. Then you don’t need to bother with BUIS or laser.

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Another possibility is to go with a prismatic optic, like the Primary Arms SLx 1x MicroPrism. That way if the battery dies, you still have a useable reticle as a backup. Then you don’t need to bother with BUIS or laser.

I have one of those here, that is another option.
    Ken

MPX as rifle trainer

Using rifles as more rifley things.

Name:  8E3F09E9-293C-4B85-BFD8-DFC0CCD3B152.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  66.6 KB

After ditching Sig entirely, I bought a 365XL, and the dam broke…… thank goodness for connections made in a previous life or I’d be in the damn poor house.

Name:  13A12441-9D9A-49AF-ACDB-66386C52DFFC.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  88.5 KB
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Giving Back View Post
    After ditching Sig entirely, I bought a 365XL, and the dam broke…… thank goodness for connections made in a previous life or I’d be in the damn poor house.

Name:  13A12441-9D9A-49AF-ACDB-66386C52DFFC.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  88.5 KB
    Brother from a different mother…
    Ken

User Tag List