Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig MPX?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Chief appeal is cost...for the cost of a competitor like the Zenith (which I like quite a bit) or the MPX, you can get the CZ, make the aforementioned upgrades, buy the folding stock, and pay the tax stamp...and still have money left over.
    I recall you mentioning some time ago that you were going to pick up one of the Zenith pistols. Did you ever end up doing a write-up or review on it? I have an itch I need to scratch and I've been going back and forth between the Zenith and Brethren (price difference is about $300), would be interested to get your thoughts on yours.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

I'm looking hard at the MPX to SBR. But if I went NFA/QC10 and run a Glock mag setup AR I could almost pay for the can with the savings. I see experiences with this platform as either great or bad. Any opinions?

Site Supporter
    I just bought a SIG MPX Gen 2 pistol from my favorite local gun store. Now to file the NFA form to SBR. My wife said I cannot no longer hang out with the shooting buddy who let me shoot his! She'll change her mind when she gets to shoot it.

Sig MPX is like a miniature AR in 9x19. I just refuse to get into any more Sigs. I went with CZ for that reason, and my Scorpion EVO sbr has been reliable, both suppressed (AAC Evo9 CQC), and without it as well. It has different controls than the SIG MPX, and is more like an AK in that sense. Trigger group is very AK-like as well - which isn't surprising, since it comes from an ex-iron curtain country. Price point is good too.

Another option, if you want to avoid both CZ and SIG USA, is to look at the Brugger & Thomet APC9. Price is significantly higher though, but you get the best of both worlds: reliability, similar controls to the AR, and compact size.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...sions-bt-apc9/

Shot one at a Range Demo (Texas International Firearms Festival). It is very impressive to me. Just can't afford one !
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Wilson Combat just entered the fray:

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/rifle-ar...p#.Vytq2DArJaQ

They make them in pistol and carbine format, capable of taking Glock magazines, Beretta 92 magazines, or S&W M&P magazines. Given the typical price point on the MPX I'd be quite tempted to buy one of the WC guns instead of the MPX.
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    I recall you mentioning some time ago that you were going to pick up one of the Zenith pistols. Did you ever end up doing a write-up or review on it? I have an itch I need to scratch and I've been going back and forth between the Zenith and Brethren (price difference is about $300), would be interested to get your thoughts on yours.
    So far I quite like mine. I haven't done a whole lot of shooting with it because I haven't found a brace setup that I really like yet. But it's been reliable and accurate enough to reliably clear a plate rack at 50 yards. I've just been too busy/lazy to give it a really proper workout.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    What is the difference between the MPX gen 1 and gen 2 ?

Also, What are the differences and compatibility between the Gen 1 and gen 2 mags ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    What is the difference between the MPX gen 1 and gen 2 ?

Also, What are the differences and compatibility between the Gen 1 and gen 2 mags ?

http://www.realgunreviews.com/sig-mp...ideo-analysis/

Long story short, Gen 1s are stuck in 9mm, while Gen 2 will have caliber conversion kits; receivers are interchangeable with lowers (thus Sig's solution of offering Gen 1 owners Gen 2 uppers at Gen 2 caliber conversion kit cost). Gen 1 and Gen 2 mags are interchangeable between both generations, but Sig recommends using like gen mags with like gen guns.

In theory I really like the MPX. I say in theory because one of my chief complaints about blowback 9mm carbines is that the recoil often feels heavier than a 556 rifle thus making my logic circuits go "Similar 556 recoil, less energy what's the point?" so the MPX being a short stroke gas piston appeals to me because the recoil should be almost non-existant which is far more appealing. But at $1800 for the carbine I'm still having a hard time with it. At $1800 part of me wants to get a 9mm Tavor because I like the Tavor a lot and it'd give me a short gun to shoot in USPSA PCC. But the Tavor 9mm is blowback and if I'm going to get a blowback 9mm might as well get a Scorpion for $800 less. This the circle my brain is going in for the last few days.

User Tag List