Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig MPX?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    30 minute video comparison MPX and EVO. Interesting stuff on suppressors and overgassing.

https://www.full30.com/video/166b7f8...1716eb67b5d66b
    I stopped once I seen who made the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    None of the people I know with the CZ have one that works.
    I would be interested in as much detail as you can share -- number of Evos, type problems, etc., as this is the first mention I have ever heard of Evo reliability issues?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    Like the mpx, the evo is just now releasing a gen 2 as well, as I understand it. Perhaps that will include some actual improvements.
    Pretty modest changes on the new Evo (thread sizing and FDE option, that I recall), and no mention of anything related to function.
    Last edited by GJM; 01-23-2016 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Add )
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Pretty modest changes on the new Evo (thread sizing and FDE option, that I recall), and no mention of anything related to function.
    There's also the new carbine; with an improved (M-LOK?) fore end, it might offer a different path to an SBR - just cut and thread the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I stopped once I seen who made the video.
    Don't know the man.

Site Supporter
    Just got back from range with friend who has a SIG MPX pistol that he has SBR'd. Very nice. Running an Aimpoint H1 dot. I suspect it is a GEN1. It is overgassed and it really slings the brass. His has a folding and retracting SIG stock (apparently a new option). 8 inch barrel. We were on the IDPA bay at our private range and I really enjoyed running it on the plate racks and other steel. Definitely nice to shoot and I think it may be "smoother" shooting the gas operated MPX versus my blowback 9mm AR. Nice feature so that you can remove the barrel youself and switch barrels. Made me wonder about buying the 16 inch MPX now and SBR later by changing barrel and section of handguard. Mags seem expensive but he found three on sale on SIG webpage. The MPX SBR ran well on cheap 9mm 115FMJ bulk reloads. I want one.

FWIW, Nick Booras over at Side Project has stated that he's been working on a slim M-LOK handguard for the MPX, which will come at the very least in the normal length and the K length, and that 1.375" diameter cans fit under it, though such a can would make most of the M-LOK slots useless due to clearance issues (the 1030s and 0130s would be the only usable ones).

I'm very seriously considering an MPX-K for my PCC; as much as I love H&K, I just don't think the SP5K will come in at a competitive price, and the platform itself is rather dated.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I'm very seriously considering an MPX-K for my PCC; as much as I love H&K, I just don't think the SP5K will come in at a competitive price, and the platform itself is rather dated.
    I don't believe in no-win scenarios. Buy Both!

The Atlantic Firearms sale on MKE roller locks broke my resolve. I had wanted to get into the PCC game before 41F took effect...Z-5RS on the way! The sale price basically covers the tax stamp...now to hunt for 922R complaint parts for the SBR build (one aspect that MPX owners doesn't have to deal with).

Atlantic Firearms Z-5RS

(Disclaimer: I've no affiliation with Atlantic Firearms or MKE - just sharing a deal.)
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 04-24-2016 at 10:40 AM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I like the Sig's ergos, but it's rudely expensive and the magazines are rudely expensive too...and I've heard more than one complaint about guns that don't work.

A buddy of mine runs the gun counter at Colonial Shooting Academy. He has an earlier gen CZ that he's made some modifications to and has done the full SBR route on.

Name:  CZskorp.jpg
Views: 1029
Size:  58.0 KB

He gave it to me for some trigger time while I was there and I put a couple of hundred rounds through it.

Mods include:

1. Different trigger spring which significantly improves trigger pull
    2. Different safety lever which lessens the stabbing unpleasantness of the stock part. There is an AK style lever that works even better than the one he had on the gun

His worked splendidly with everything I fed it. It's a straight blowback gun which he says doesn't give you any problem with gas in the face when run with a can. I didn't play with it suppressed so I can't personally verify that, but I trust the guy 100%.

The gun thumps a little harder than I expected. For best results you really need to be aggressive behind the gun to keep it on a tight target with anything more than a 2 shot string. In full auto I can only imagine it's a real handful due to the blowback design and relatively light weight.

Mags for the gun run about 20 bucks.

Chief appeal is cost...for the cost of a competitor like the Zenith (which I like quite a bit) or the MPX, you can get the CZ, make the aforementioned upgrades, buy the folding stock, and pay the tax stamp...and still have money left over.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 04-24-2016 at 11:21 AM.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List