Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Sig MPX?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    This is fun… the MPX-K with R9.

How gassy is that? My 8" with my SiCo Hybrid 46 brings tears to my eyes in short order, at least inside.

Moderately gassy, I’m going to try gooping the CH before throwing money at a replacement.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

One of the coolest "little" guns I own. But this thing and I have a serious "love/hate" relationship. I've spent a cubic ton of money trying to get it to shoot acceptable groups suppressed. 4"+ at 25 Meters is about the best I've ever been able to achieve. I tried several different tri-lug adaptors on the factory barrel, an ILWT 4.5" barrel, adjustable gas plug, several different rate recoil springs. I'm considering a longer ILWT barrel, since the accuracy issues seem to be most common with the 4.5" barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimslow View Post
    One of the coolest "little" guns I own. But this thing and I have a serious "love/hate" relationship. I've spent a cubic ton of money trying to get it to shoot acceptable groups suppressed. 4"+ at 25 Meters is about the best I've ever been able to achieve. I tried several different tri-lug adaptors on the factory barrel, an ILWT 4.5" barrel, adjustable gas plug, several different rate recoil springs. I'm considering a longer ILWT barrel, since the accuracy issues seem to be most common with the 4.5" barrels.

Funny that you posted this pic of your K - I’ve been looking for my UKON ANVL for a few days, I think I want to try it again on my Copperhead.

I was talking with Rob Otte about MPX accuracy issues, they seem very common. Both of mine are 4.5” and give acceptable if not spectacular accuracy suppressed. I do wish someone would crack the code, though - I’m being very careful with barrel nut torque and the order I tighten. I wonder if adding a movable harmonic collar might be another approach.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter

Sig MPX?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimslow View Post

Could it be ammo? I periodically discover that a lot of cheap 9mm training ammo has mediocre to poor accuracy at 25m and even worse beyond.

My MPX-K has good accuracy (all in the black of a B-8 at about 50m, if I use the ammo it likes), but exhibits worse than usual zero shift, unless I time the suppressor on the tri lug adapter (it’s an ILWT adapter) just so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Funny that you posted this pic of your K - I’ve been looking for my UKON ANVL for a few days, I think I want to try it again on my Copperhead.

I was talking with Rob Otte about MPX accuracy issues, they seem very common. Both of mine are 4.5” and give acceptable if not spectacular accuracy suppressed. I do wish someone would crack the code, though - I’m being very careful with barrel nut torque and the order I tighten. I wonder if adding a movable harmonic collar might be another approach.
    The UKON mounts have grown on me, I think for really short guns that won't be shot a much past 50M or so they are perfect. I put a Holosun AEMS on my Rattler SBR in a UKON mount as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Could it be ammo? I periodically discover that a lot of cheap 9mm training ammo has mediocre to poor accuracy at 25m and even worse beyond.

My MPX-K has good accuracy (all in the black of a B-8 at about 50m, if I use the ammo it likes), but exhibits worse than usual zero shift, unless I time the suppressor on the tri lug adapter (it’s an ILWT adapter) just so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Lawman 147 is my usual subsonic range ammo, but I've also tried Flocci 158's, and a few HST 147's as well. The HST's do the best, but are just too expensive for blasting ammo. I dusted off my 9mm reloading dies, and I'm playing around with some 165gr bullets I had from a while ago. Maybe I can roll something that shoots better in this gun.

Mine also likes one position on the tri lug, or it shifts several inches at 25.

User Tag List