Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig MPX?

Site Supporter
    I bought a SIG MPX 9mm pistol (8 inch) and went the SBR route. Recently got an AAC Tirant 9mm suppressor. Bought a 4.5 inch barrel and most of the suppressor is inside the OEM handguard. Mounted a C-More red dot (the original style popular in USPSA Open). In fact, I just got home from the range and I ran about 200 rounds of my 124FMJ reloads through the combination. I really enjoy it and I have had not any issues with the MPX - please note that my MPX is "stock" except for the 8 inch barrel replaced by a 4.5 inch barrel. It is really neat with the 147 reloads.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have been pretty happy with mine. I use it for shooting the games. It is the 8" SBR. It really cycles fast and I think the 8" is perfect balance between having a rifle and a short barrel to move around.

I have never shot is suppressed though, and I don't have a very high round count through this, maybe 4000 rounds. So long term I am not sure, but so far the only issue I had was with the extended base magazines. The +10 spring that allows the 30 round mag to be 40 rounds is a little too + and it would push up the rounds too hard near the middle of the magazine, causing double feeds. Exercising the spring worked this problem out. Not really a gun issue, but an aftermarket issue.

It really is like shooting a .22. It cycles so fast on the cycle people have asked it it was auto, or had a binary trigger. (it does not)

Name:  fullsizeoutput_25f3.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1176.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  61.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    I have been pretty happy with mine. I use it for shooting the games. It is the 8" SBR. It really cycles fast and I think the 8" is perfect balance between having a rifle and a short barrel to move around.

I have never shot is suppressed though, and I don't have a very high round count through this, maybe 4000 rounds. So long term I am not sure, but so far the only issue I had was with the extended base magazines. The +10 spring that allows the 30 round mag to be 40 rounds is a little too + and it would push up the rounds too hard near the middle of the magazine, causing double feeds. Exercising the spring worked this problem out. Not really a gun issue, but an aftermarket issue.

It really is like shooting a .22. It cycles so fast on the cycle people have asked it it was auto, or had a binary trigger. (it does not)

Name:  fullsizeoutput_25f3.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1176.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  61.4 KB
    Looks great. I have to ask though, why do you have two dots on it?

For shooting games it makes it very fast reaching around corners or shooting low targets up close.

Try this with your AR....

Shoulder the weapon normally straight on. Then try to lean around a corner and still see the dot. With the 45 degree offset I can still have a natural shoulder while leaning around a corner.

It also works on the lay down targets. Think of a target 3 -4 feet in front of you on the ground at an angel. Hard to shoulder the weapon and get a sight picture. Rotate it 45 and it is much easier.

Gamers gonna game....

Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    Looks great. I have to ask though, why do you have two dots on it?
    I mean, because I am Operator AF and one is none and two is a ham sandwich or something like that....

Site Supporter
    MPX trigger update. I was not happy with my factory SIG MPX trigger - went bang every time but trigger pull was awful. Replaced with a traditional "AR" trigger but that "AR" trigger in my MPX "slapped" my finger every trigger pull. Kept reading the web and looking for a trigger that would survive on MPX. Found the KEARMS SLT-1 trigger which is marketed as being MPX compatible. Had it for about 60+ days now - it has survived so far through about 400 rounds with no more trigger finger "sting". That was the one weak point so far in my MPX so hope it is a long term solution.

Here is the latest iteration of the MPX: the Copperhead

https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...px-copperhead/

I have absolutely no use for a 3.5” barrel 9mm PCC.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    For shooting games it makes it very fast reaching around corners or shooting low targets up close.

Try this with your AR....

Shoulder the weapon normally straight on. Then try to lean around a corner and still see the dot. With the 45 degree offset I can still have a natural shoulder while leaning around a corner.

It also works on the lay down targets. Think of a target 3 -4 feet in front of you on the ground at an angel. Hard to shoulder the weapon and get a sight picture. Rotate it 45 and it is much easier.

Gamers gonna game....
    Right, but don't you really need three to shoot R and L corners? You be Operator and Gamer AF. Build the mount yourself, get Operator Zero to YouTube it, and you could be rich AF.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List