Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig MPX?

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I have a gen 2 8" that I got going on 3 years ago (I think). I don't keep count of rounds but I know I've run at least 1000 through it, 115 and 124 grain range fodder, HST of various weights, and 147 S&B 147 subsonic most recently. It shoots a ragged hole at 25 yards suppressed or unsuppressed and shoots better at 50 yards than my eyes are capable of with a 503c and 3x magnifier. I don't recall that I've ever had a single malfunction of any description despite not being at all vigilant with respect to cleaning. I put in a Hiperfire MPX specific trigger, Radian charging handle, and ASR flash hider but it's otherwise stock. Other than being over gassed and making me cry when I shoot rapid fire with a can, it's the most amusing gut to shoot that I own. What are the typical failure modes, since common wisdom is that failure is "when, not if"?
    I think (but haven't done any kind of study on this) that some of the MPX problems lie with ammo, and people not understanding the MPX. For Prod/CO guns, or blowback PCCs, a lighter powder charge is going to shoot softer. Putting this super soft ammo in the MPX is not the best idea. The MPX is gas operated. It needs gas to run. It likes more gas. More gas gives you more of an operating margin. In that respect, it's more like an open gun. Of course, SIG hasn't helped anything with their perpetual rolling changes.

Things I would keep an eye on are the extractor parts (have spares of that spring/o-ring) and keep the piston/gas expansion chamber clean. Oh, and oil the carrier.

ILWT spring rates

I’m sure it’s available in the thread but in case anyone comes across it:

ILWT color coding of springs:
    White +20%
    Blue -13%
    Red -25%
    No paint +0%

I’m sure that I’m reinventing the wheel, but I heard possibly +20% for the 150 Syntech but I’m going to break the guns in with Lawman for a while first. I think Thursday might be the day.

I stopped at my local FFL yesterday to ship out a gun and handled his personal MPX with telescoping stock and Omega 9K. Hmmm…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I shot Lawman 147 and later American Eagle 115, when I competed with the MPX.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Someone explain to me the attraction of the SIG dual-rod collapsible stock, other than some nostalgia for the old HK collapsible stocks that are sort of similar. The SIG collapsing/folding stock has a shorter OAL when folded, and has a better cheek weld than the dual-rod collapsible.
    The old HK style stocks are not just nostalgia.
    Less to snag when deploying from bag, slimmer profile when concealing with clothing, easier to extend in vehicle. Having used both overseas on MP5A3 and MP5K with side folding setup; there are definite advantages to the former.
    I don't mount a stock with the MPX-K in pistol form in normal life, as its easy enough to run with the old push-pull sling method (as we had our MPKs often setup as well). But not doing the old job, so its just a bag gun for places and times when the full carbine bag is a bit too big.

!

Gotta say this a cool little gun.

Name:  337D47E9-1FDC-45D2-91D9-8EBB31C24F2A.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  22.9 KB

16” competition version comes in on Thursday.

Haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet.

Tell me how this isn’t awesome!

Name:  C491A81C-F221-4796-A21B-AF62BED36315.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  52.2 KB

Gemtech Aurora II suppressor.

Very cool. I love reduced height over bore and I can get a no-riser 507c to work…

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Gemtech Aurora II suppressor.
    Why? I have a similar can (Thompson Machine Operative B) and while it's a fun toy for shooting from a handgun, a tiny can with wipes seems sort of underwhelming for a carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Why? I have a similar can (Thompson Machine Operative B) and while it's a fun toy for shooting from a handgun, a tiny can with wipes seems sort of underwhelming for a carbine.
    Couple reasons:

1. It’s the only LH13.5 threaded anything I own (it’s dual threaded on both ends).
    2. I didn’t want to blast my fingers by getting too close to the muzzle.
    3. I’m breaking in the gun that is gas driven so I’m trying to increase gas pressure and this is an easy way to do that.
    4. It’s only 9mm and I could see using it as a partial mitigation device without having to go full hearing safe.

I bought some thread adapters so I can use any of my traditional 9mm suppressors on it.

That was with the factory 8 pound trigger. The comps haven’t been delivered yet.

Comparison

Here’s comparison to a 16” with a compensator, same ammo.

User Tag List