Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig MPX?

Site Supporter

Sig MPX?

I realize it's a pistol, but looking at it in the SBR role. Anyone have any experience with them?

Buddy is a gunsmith at a local shop/range. He saw two in the same month that had failures with suppressors. One wouldnt work, even following the manual to the letter, other wouldnt feed next round.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Both my buddy and me have had good luck with ours.

No issues with running it suppressed with a 3 lug adapter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelBLong View Post
    No issues with running it suppressed with a 3 lug adapter
    Is it as overgassed as some people make it out to be, and what can do you use? How is the charging handle, being as loose as it is? Gut impression, would you trust it in a duty roll?

I seriously want to get an MPX and SBR it to a K-format, as totally impractical as it might be, mainly because I want to have a "legitimate" reason to have a pistol suppressor, and have the ability to fold up a long gun inside a messenger bag. Will have to see if a magwell grip is viable with such a thing though, since I'd probably be putting an X300U where the factory VFG/handstop thing goes.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 12-08-2015 at 01:56 PM.

I've shot a couple of them with Silencerco Octane suppressors attached without issue. Favorite "subgum " style weapon I've fired.

The recent NFA changes are driving me to add a 9mm SBR to the safe sooner rather than later. I've long been debating the merits of acquiring the MPX vs. a MP5 clone (likely the Zenith Z-5RS). The MP5 design is timeless but the future modularity of the MPX is very compelling. The MPX seems a bit more mature now that 'GEN2' has arrived. Has anyone fired one of these suppressed? How's the gas? I have a AAC Ti-Rant 9 and a 3-lug adapter that would go on whatever I pick up. This is undoubtedly a fun gun; I've got the other major bases covered.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Is the CZ Evo the Glock 19 of this category?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Is the CZ Evo the Glock 19 of this category?
    None of the people I know with the CZ have one that works.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    None of the people I know with the CZ have one that works.
    Like the mpx, the evo is just now releasing a gen 2 as well, as I understand it. Perhaps that will include some actual improvements.

30 minute video comparison MPX and EVO. Interesting stuff on suppressors and overgassing.

https://www.full30.com/video/166b7f8...1716eb67b5d66b

User Tag List