Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JM custom kydex Georger holster for G19 + XC-1 and aiwb mag carrier

JM custom kydex Georger holster for G19 + XC-1 and aiwb mag carrier

I just received my JM custom kydex ‘George’ holster for a G19 with a surefire XC-1. This thing is amazing! I also got the angled Aiwb mag carrier. I have run a few other set ups, and I will comment on the George and mag carrier as compared to those. This will go backwards chronologically. This is all with a galco COP belt. But I have used the shaggy and VG2 with other leather belts and an Ares gear ranger belt.
    Previous to the new JM set up, I was carrying the same G19, (without any light) in a CCC shaggy cut for a G17 (as was the general advice from TLG and this community at the time IRRC) with a CCC Basic Mag Carrier inside the belt outside the pants at 11:30.

The below are the poorly written, barely edited and unorganized ramblings, of hopefully helpful information about great gear. Have fun.

The George carries the gun higher, but has adjustments to lower it, or angle it. With the George I can get a full firing grip without really contacting my jeans or belt. On the shaggy I can get a full firing grip but I have to shove my fingers between the gun and belt.

There is also less bulk with George. The outside edge of the belt loop the shaggy sticks out a good inch and is more square than the George, making it more noticeable under a shirt. I’m 5’8” 165lbs and wear 30inch waist jeans. Regardless, the shaggy makes me look like I have a belly that’s awkwardly too low. I could wear looser shirts, I acknowledge that.
    I actually had to tighten my belt a notch with the new JM set up. Partially because the shaggy is cut for a G17 (to reduce roll out) and the George is cut for a 19 AND rides higher, where the muzzle of the gun rides is higher and far more comfortable. I am not complaining about the shaggy or discomfort (insert Clint-ism) I wear this set up 7 days a week from the moment I wake up until I got to sleep. My full time job is sitting as a desk, my part time job is up and moving. I commute 13hrs a week. Sometimes the shaggy got old.
    The JM mag carrier is angled and deeper than the CCC bmc. It is begging for a G17 mag that I don’t own yet. I tried concealing a g17 mag in the BMC and it was a no-go. It just printed too much. The JM is so low and angled I was afraid it would be hard to grasp the mag bit no problem as all and the angle makes it easier.

The set up previous to the shaggy was a raven VG2 and a Kytex g19 mag lefty carrier warn iwb (bullets toward my navel). I broke the first kytex clip in 6 months because I would occasional catch the bottom of the clip while clearing my concealment garment. (t shirt, polo etc) I broke the free replacement 6 months later doing the same thing. Then moved on to the CCC BMC. The vanguard sits super low and is actually the most concealable for me. It sits below the hinge if you look at a sitting human from the side. The shaggy and George both sit above. The vanguard lacks the retention of the other two, but its $40 and you can have it in a week. It also cannot accommodate a light.
    When I got the shaggy I didn’t like it at first. I was actually really disappointed with the bulk and it sat in a box for a really long time. I started wearing it to the pro gun job because I wanted to figure out why people like it and in anticipation of the George. It’s tough for how thin I am, if I can hid the bulk, the shaggy is a better holster than the VG2 because of retention and ride height. Until today If I didnt want to wear a tarp or I want to hide the gun more it was back to the VG2. The George is in-between bulk wise. VG2 still prints the least, but the George is the best answer for me. By a healthy margin. I like this enough I may ditch my gamer belt (production) and shoot everything from concealment at the next uspsa match.

This is starting to sound like a commercial, but I paid full price and waited my turn like everyone else. The first time I ever talked to Tony was when I called to ask options and his recommendations. He was very helpful recommending what is now working well for me.
    I will try to do some work against a shot timer with all three holsters and report back. No promises.

Great to hear.
    How about some pics to illustrate?

The George with a Glock 19 with or without the XC1 is my current set up. Also use the AIWB mag carrier. As with all JMCK gear, I love the set up.

I shot 3-400 rounds last night. Lots of presentation drills, FAST drills, 1 reload 1, and dot torture. Then I did it again with the Shaggy with BMC, and again with the VG2 with BMC and back to the JM George and aiwb mag carrier.
    Although I left of paper with all the times at the range, I looked over the numbers and I got faster as the night went on and that made a larger difference than the equipment change. There was no learning curve with the JM or shaggy, it took some getting used to when I shot from the VG2.
    I still feel like this is some of the best money I have spent in a while. Having a light on the gun 24/7 makes me happy and plus the G17 mag I can actually hide now, and it’s more comfortable. Lots of win.

Thanks Keith03 and xman, glad you like them.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few more pics,

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  49.3 KBHere's my George for Glock 43. G19 length with neoprene wedge. Liking it a lot so far!
    Last edited by James_f; 12-18-2015 at 10:44 PM.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  73.3 KBAnother satisfied JMCK user. As much as I like the AIWB holster for a G19, it's the AIWB mag carrier that has impressed me most. Wearing it at 11:30 with a G17 reload adds absolutely nothing to my CCW profile; it just disappears. I also don't feel it there, giving me no reason to not have an extra magazine on my person(besides wearing sweats or athletic shorts but that's another thread). The 17 reloads are much easier to consistently grasp out of the carrier. This combo is a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    The George with a Glock 19 with or without the XC1 is my current set up. Also use the AIWB mag carrier. As with all JMCK gear, I love the set up.

I just ordered a George without a gun light. I was wondering, what is your opinion on comfort difference between the gun light George and the non-gun light George? If the comfort level is the same, I may need to change my order!

User Tag List