Thread: Pistol Accuracy at Longer Ranges

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Very good!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Hey GAP, is that a Gen 3 or 4?
    Gen 4

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I had a chance to shoot a few more five shot groups from 50 yards today.

Here was my best one:

G26
    Standing - Slow Fire
    124gr 9mm Freedommunitions Reman
    3.25" group

Attachment 5008
    Maybe I am just easily impressed, but that is great. I am happy to shoot a 25 yard group like that. Honestly if someone told me that a Glock would shoot what amounts to a 1.625 group at 25 yards, I would be skeptical. Man I have a lot of work to do.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    To "answer" a question posed earlier, i consider anything beyond 100 yards to be long range with a pistol. I shoot to 200 regularly, and 300 when i can. With a 9mm, 300 becomes harder, but out to 200 is pretty easy. A .40 is hardish at 200, but very doable. A .45 is harder still, but 100 is not hard. .357 sig is cheating.
    Ever shot a .22 TCM? That little guy is like a laser. I shot another fellow's 1911 in .22 TCM at a 100y steel and it was so fast the ting of the steel was nearly instant. It was especially noticable as I'd been mortaring in some cream puff .38s just prior to that and could have ate a sandwich between the trigger pull and the ting.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Maybe I am just easily impressed, but that is great. I am happy to shoot a 25 yard group like that. Honestly if someone told me that a Glock would shoot what amounts to a 1.625 group at 25 yards, I would be skeptical. Man I have a lot of work to do.
    Thanks, I am amazed myself at how the G26 performs for me. I did a few other five shot groups and I'd say on average I cover the plate. (Definitely couldn't claim that a year ago.) I walked up after one of my groups and saw 4 holes within 2 inches of eachother but one "flyer" at the top of the plate. That would have been one heck of a group!

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Ever shot a .22 TCM? That little guy is like a laser. I shot another fellow's 1911 in .22 TCM at a 100y steel and it was so fast the ting of the steel was nearly instant. It was especially noticable as I'd been mortaring in some cream puff .38s just prior to that and could have ate a sandwich between the trigger pull and the ting.
    Yeah, I just meant in the duty caliber line. No experience with the tcm, but my understanding is exactly as you describe.

Gap,

That is some excellent shooting. What would you say the average group with the gun is? About paper plate size, or did I misunderstand? I think most of us have found the 26/27 to be more accurate than the bigger guns.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post

The Gen4 guns seem to shoot very well for a bunch of folks. With the OEM barrel, my Gen4 G17 will run with my Gen3 guns that have Wilson barrels, and I've got a Gen4 G19 that's making my VP9 look downright sloppy.

But GAP's shooting is excellent no matter what gear is involved.

Okie John

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Gap,

That is some excellent shooting. What would you say the average group with the gun is? About paper plate size, or did I misunderstand? I think most of us have found the 26/27 to be more accurate than the bigger guns.
    First, thank you, I know I still have a long way to go, but feel like I'm on the right path. I carried a 19 for several years then bought a 26 in March and noticed I was faster and more accurate with it.. I don't know why, but I am, even from 25-50 yards.

The paper plate was referencing what I've noticed so far from 50 yards. I posted above that my best group to date is 3.25" but my average is probably 6-7". I've only shot from 50 yards twice with the 26 so I'm sure I'll be able to shrink the average over time.

From 10 yards I can shoot 5 inside of an inch or two and from 25 yards around 3.5-4" with the 26. Maybe smaller with only 5 shots actually, I normally do 10 shot groups from 25 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    The Gen4 guns seem to shoot very well for a bunch of folks. With the OEM barrel, my Gen4 G17 will run with my Gen3 guns that have Wilson barrels, and I've got a Gen4 G19 that's making my VP9 look downright sloppy.

But GAP's shooting is excellent no matter what gear is involved.

Okie John
    Thank you, my G26 Gen 4 is all OEM except the Ameriglo night sights. I installed the medium beaver tail backstrap and use the OEM +2 baseplate.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  24.0 KB
    Last edited by GAP; 12-20-2015 at 06:55 PM.

I'm loving this little Gen 4 G26. From 50 yards I just shot another 4" group with my first five shots of the day. I opened up with 147gr HST. I think it's time to increase the distance!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  22.3 KB
    Last edited by GAP; 12-26-2015 at 07:59 PM.

Paper plates make great 50 yard targets with iron sights and 100 yard targets with an Aimpoint. After following this thread, I was reminded of this and used paper plates in my last few sessions with long guns.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Paper plates make great 50 yard targets with iron sights and 100 yard targets with an Aimpoint. After following this thread, I was reminded of this and used paper plates in my last few sessions with long guns.
    Since following this site I've only been keeping paper plates and index cards in my range bag so I guess I discovered this by accident.

I'm glad I got serious about shooting after lurking here for awhile. All I did this year was buy a G19, G26, 10k 9mm, a shot timer, plates and index cards. Much cheaper and more effective than the ten safe queens each of my friends have purchased.

I've been using my G26 with the flush mag lately.. Not sure if it's because I might concentrate more or don't have my pinky pulling the muzzle down but I feel like I shoot it more accurately without my pinky in play.

User Tag List