Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: came *this* close (man vs man match)

My wife said she was getting adrenaline dumps after every matchup. She was shaking while reloading mags and it took her several minutes to calm down.
    I told her "just think what it'd be like if you two were shooting at each other".
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I'm the opposite.
    I carry a list of the ones who have beaten me (it's a short list).
    When I need to "fuel the hate" I get it out and read it.
    Outstanding!

I'm the opposite.
    I carry a list of the ones who have beaten me (it's a short list).
    When I need to "fuel the hate" I get it out and read it.
    I was joking about the list. Different approach, but I don't get that excited about beating other people in gun games. I focus on sights and trigger, try to shoot to the best of my ability, and let the chips fall as they may. Shooting Production, which spots 15% to Limited and another 10% to Open, I get lots of practice being beaten by others in matches.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was joking about the list. Different approach, but I don't get that excited about beating other people in gun games.
    You think I was serious about my list or your list? I think the frost is getting to your brain up there snowman.

Regular matches, mehhh I shoot them for the trigger time.
    Man V Man single elimination, that takes it to a whole other level for me (like BJJ comps, MMA sparring or ECQC).
    Last edited by JodyH; 12-06-2015 at 10:24 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

You think I was serious about my list or your list? I think the frost is getting to your brain up there snowman.

Regular matches, mehhh I shoot them for the trigger time.
    Man V Man single elimination, that takes it to a whole other level for me (like BJJ comps, MMA sparring or ECQC).
    You got me there -- it is taking me some time to adjust to the new modest Jody.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Modesty is for people who don't know how good they are.

Modesty is for people who don't know how good they are.
    It ain't bragging if it's true!

Site Supporter
    why did she put it in a magazine first instead of directly in the chamber? Because stress and "muscle memory" that's why.
    She said she knew she needed to load that round in the pistol, and the way she always does that is by loading it in a magazine first.
    Another data point in the "under stress you'll do what you've hard wired.
    We often duel single shot only, specifically for that reason.
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

Some of my favorite shooting memories are from man-on-man events that I used to shoot.

First lesson - it ain't over 'til it's over. Shooting in the final round for first and second place. Winner determined by who's cross-over popper is on the bottom. I am a good second ahead of the other guy. "Ding" my steel and watch it fall slowly while basking in the wonderfulness of my skills. The guy I've just "beat" is shooting a 10mm with full-house loads. He double taps his steel and drives it down way faster than my slowly falling steel. Manages to pass my steel and pull out the win. I never fired a single shot to end a round again.

Second - winning with "handicapped" gear is fun when it happens. During this time I was shooting my box stock Sig P220 out of my duty rig. End up in the final elimination for first and second place. Except, everyone's thrown into the pot so there is cash on the line. Beat the other guy with his fancy 1911 and race gear and took the money. It was maybe $75 but it felt like a million.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

First time in my life that I am sad we don't have man on man action around here

User Tag List