Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unissued Detroit M&P 40s for $399...worth hopping into the M&P world?

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Bud's has M&P 40s with (not guaranteed obviously) night sights, but the department has only had them for 6 years or so and I'm sure the nights are fine. Unissued with rollmark. Being as I'm the sort to collect rollmarked guns and actually enjoy shooting .40, is this about the best it's gonna get if I want to get an M&P? I wouldn't go with the 9 and the .40/45 seems to be the least problematic of the three.

If so, is the Apex still worth it even adding $160 to that price?
    Depends. For me, the .40 falls to #3 in my caliber preference behind 9mm and .45. For that M&P, you are looking at $399, plus shipping, plus FFL transfer fee, plus $160 for Apex kit. After all that, you are looking at likely over $600. If you are lacking in pistols, that might be worth it. If you are well stocked with pistols, then personally I would buy something that you are lacking. Money towards a AR/AK?.....more high cap mags?........spare parts kits?.......more ammo/reloading components?.......optics?

Vending Machine Operator
    I'm definitely plenty well stocked for pistols, I just have an irrational love for collecting department rollmarked guns and giving them new life as shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Bud's has M&P 40s with (not guaranteed obviously) night sights, but the department has only had them for 6 years or so and I'm sure the nights are fine. Unissued with rollmark. Being as I'm the sort to collect rollmarked guns and actually enjoy shooting .40, is this about the best it's gonna get if I want to get an M&P? I wouldn't go with the 9 and the .40/45 seems to be the least problematic of the three.

If so, is the Apex still worth it even adding $160 to that price?
    I have a 2007 M&P 40 and it remains a terrific pistol. The grit left the trigger after around 500 rounds and now it is smooth and light. The reset isn't screamingly obvious, but I have no problem with it.

The M&P also tames the .40 as well as any pistol that I have fired. I have had a bunch of people test it against my Gen 4 Glock 22, and they have been unanimous that the M&P has significantly less felt recoil.

As for accuracy, I find it to be more accurate than the 22--it has none of the problems of the M&P 9 in that regard. Of course, that is a sample of one, but I also haven't heard about accuracy problems with the M&P 40.

Overall, I'd say that that is a really nice price for a much underrated pistol.

Vending Machine Operator
    Welp, I'm single and no one can yell at me for it, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger (har har). I'll update with pics.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Welp, I'm single and no one can yell at me for it, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger (har har). I'll update with pics.
    Awesome. Making me want to do the same with a Gen 4 G22....

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Awesome. Making me want to do the same with a Gen 4 G22....
    My cousin is LEO and recently got issued a Gen 4 G22. Previously had a Gen 3 G22. I like the Gen 4 quite a bit more.

The 'California State Parks' trade ins look pretty cool.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/m...55899/redirect

For $340, i can't imagine the State Parks had to use them very much, but i really have no idea.

Read through the reviews and it's all about luck of the draw.
    Last edited by HighSpeedBail; 12-05-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by HighSpeedBail View Post
    The 'California State Parks' trade ins look pretty cool.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/m...55899/redirect

For $340, i can't imagine the State Parks had to use them very much, but i really have no idea.
    Almost got one of those instead. It's Cali so I'm sure they stayed holstered.

They have Vermont State Police ones as well for $329. Those are pretty new. VSP converted to the M&P in late 2011, so I'd imagine those are in pretty good shape. I don't think they are problem guns as I've heard only glowing reports from the troopers I know. I'm wondering if they just bought new M&P's or what, because I hadn't heard of them switching to a new pistol. I picked on up just for shits and grins.

Vending Machine Operator
    I think the recent proliferation of .40 S&W police trade-in guns is due to the shift back to 9mm. Most of my guns are 9mms but this M&P marks my 5th .40 S&W and I quite like the caliber despite the current disfavor for it, so it should be a nice few years to pick up cheap forties.

User Tag List