Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: San Bernardino Terrorist Attack

We don't know what this is yet. That said, ISIL has said they will target the US. Muslim extremists hit Paris, - a place with an unarmed general population. There is practically an unlimited quantity of small arms in the world; it is an impossible task to control their movement by those willing to smuggle them. Our borders are porous and this administration wants to allow more people in from the ME who have not been vetted.

Do any of these facts lead one to conclude that its a good idea to disarm law abiding Americans because of the actions of nut cases or jihadists ?

I don't think so.

P.S. - if jihadi types, they will try to down play it. If white guy nut (on psych drugs) - they will play it up to the max.
    Last edited by SamAdams; 12-02-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Site Supporter
    Fox news reported pursuit of a Dark SUV East of the city which turned into a rolling shoot out. Vehicle is now stopped, windows are shot out. Fox is reporting one officer and at least one suspect down. One suspect is reported to have fled on foot,

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Fox news reported pursuit of a Dark SUV East of the city which turned into a rolling shoot out. Vehicle is now stopped, windows are shot out. Fox is reporting one officer and at least one suspect down. One suspect is reported to have fled on foot,
    Posts to the reddit thread posted earlier indicates there is one breathing suspect in the SUV with a long arm strapped to his chest. There is an overhead photo of a subject outside the SUV lying on the pavement with a pool of blood and a long arm nearby. One officer reportedly hit by a ricochet. The runner near the SUV is in custody and likely not related to the incident. Shots fired at a different location (near original incident) and a subject is down (not clear if related to original incident).

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Good hunting, brothers.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

This may be seen as "too soon" but even if that vic was flying a daesh flag and a dude lit off a vest it would still be a gun problem.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    I assume you're being facetious and ironic. But . . . Because they're individual rights. That belong to individuals.
    Yes, irony. Nonetheless, what he proposes is a group of people with fewer rights, based on standards and information that is not public or subject to due process. Not that I suspect abuses would (IRS) occur.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Tree_Octopus View Post
    This may be seen as "too soon" but even if that vic was flying a daesh flag and a dude lit off a vest it would still be a gun problem.
    The Other Side has shown that they're perfectly willing to strike while the iron is hot. They do this because they know that emotions are the primary drivers behind their policies. Within reason, why fight with one hand tied behind our backs?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    If we're placing chips, I'll take "Cartel Hit" at 2:1 against.

ETA: Do I get bonus points if one or more of the weapons turns out to be a Fast & Furious gun?
    Last edited by Tamara; 12-02-2015 at 07:03 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    Posts to the reddit thread posted earlier indicates there is one breathing suspect in the SUV with a long arm strapped to his chest. There is an overhead photo of a subject outside the SUV lying on the pavement with a pool of blood and a long arm nearby. One officer reportedly hit by a ricochet. The runner near the SUV is in custody and likely not related to the incident. Shots fired at a different location (near original incident) and a subject is down (not clear if related to original incident).
    10-4 on riccochet. 2 BG down at the SUV scene. May be two different runners. One runner was seen ditching clothing and is now reported barricaded in a house or church / still outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    If we're placing chips, I'll take "Cartel Hit" at 2:1 against.

ETA: Do I get bonus points if one or more of the weapons turns out to be a Fast & Furious gun?
    It's looking like it, I wonder who at that center was being targeted.

I don't know about bonus points but you can make it a side bet with increased odds, how's 4:1 sound?

User Tag List