Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: San Bernardino Terrorist Attack

Hell, they're politicizing it and we don't even know WTF is happening yet.
    Gotta establish that narrative.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

SBPD traffic indicates looking for a middle eastern male with a long beard and tactical type shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    If it should happen again, let it happen near those of us with the ability to respond effectively.

I have no doubt the LEOs in that area are doing the best they can, but LE can only do so much. First contacts need to be armed and need to return fire. This is the only effective way to stop the threat.
    +1 on that.

California has some of the most stringent gun control laws in the country. But since criminals don't obey laws, the laws don't reduce violent crime, or disarm criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    +1 on that.

California has some of the most stringent gun control laws in the country. But since criminals don't obey laws, the laws don't reduce violent crime, or disarm criminals.
    Even if we banned guns and somehow were magically able to enforce it so that even criminals cannot get them, we'd still have horrible things happen. I think I read earlier this year in China 50+ people were killed by knife-wielding terrorists. Of course, I think people feel better when we pass laws and think they're suddenly safer. Easier to be willfully ignorant of reality when you feel like you've accomplished something to minimize risk.

A witness was interviewed live on CBS News. If her account is correct, this is not an angry lone gunman. She described three people armed with rifles and multiple magazines dressed in "black military" clothing. The shooters entered the conference center at the site, shot somewhere around twenty-eight people, and left the scene in a large dark SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Hell, they're politicizing it and we don't even know WTF is happening yet.
    Gotta establish that narrative.
    Our President just said that people on the no-fly list should not be able to buy guns. Unless he's got information that isn't public (which is possible), this is a wild stab in the dark. Several of the past several spree shootings could not have been prevented by any of the laws that regulators and MSM are always requesting.

I assume the President's reference to the no-fly list is an effort to address the likelihood of domestic lone-wolf (or small unit) terrorism.

Inasmuch as I know the no-fly list includes individuals for which there is no evidence supporting the conclusion those individuals are terrorists and given that the Federal Government actively resists these innocents' efforts to get their names removed from the list, I don't really see the President's recommendation as a desirable solution. It's just a smaller version of "we'll take away everyone's right to keep and bear arms so that we can prevent the bad guys from getting arms."

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    It's just a smaller version of "we'll take away everyone's right to keep and bear arms so that we can prevent the bad guys from getting arms."
    If we're going to have Citizens with full civil rights and Second class Citizens with limited rights, should we not use Federal statistical data to impose second class citizenship, say, on groups proven to have a higher propensity for the commission of violent crime? If it's enough to abrogate your rights that you have been placed on some list, somewhere by someone, why not take action based on hard data collected by the Federal Government?

I assume you're being facetious and ironic. But . . . Because they're individual rights. That belong to individuals.

Site Supporter
    Unconfirmed info re: possible suspect

http://www.inquisitr.com/2605302/far...unt-continues/

Also Fox news is reporting police pursuit of a Dark SUV East of San Bernadino.

User Tag List