Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: San Bernardino Terrorist Attack

I'm curious to find out if the long guns were semi or full auto. I'm pretty naive to this stuff, but I know I can't buy a full auto weapon here in California.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JMorse View Post
    I'm curious to find out if the long guns were semi or full auto. I'm pretty naive to this stuff, but I know I can't buy a full auto weapon here in California.
    I'd be surprised of they were full auto and if they were full auto I'd be even more surprised if they were not illegal conversions.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I'll put my money on Afghani.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 12-02-2015 at 10:38 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I'd be surprised of they were full auto and if they were full auto I'd be even more surprised if they were not illegal conversions.
    I guess my train of thought was were the guns supplied by outside sources vs. going to a LGS. A neighbor reports seeing a huge amount of shipments come in recently. Maybe they were stocking up on Furbies.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I see what you did there.

JR1572

Heck, even if they were "only" semi-auto I'd be much surprised if they were CA-compliant or Registered Assault Weapons.
    But sure as anything, 5 gets you 10 that the media will completely ignore that the weapons (not to mention the murders, possibly use of body armor in commission of a crime, attempted murders, fleeing police, shooting at police, etc.) were already in an illegal configuration in their hysterical calls for more laws.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I could maybe buy that...
    I guess maybe capitalizing "Workplace Violence" (you know, like MAJ Hassan) was too dry. I'll endeavor to make things more overt in the future. Maybe use knock-knock jokes?

"Knock Knock!"

"Who's there?"

"DURKA DURKA MUHAMMAD JIHAD!"

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti
    If part of the targeting is when one of the folks who takes up a cause that involves targeting of citizens, and they decide to target somebody's co workers as a group because they have intel on them, then it is still a terrorist act.
    Yes. That would be what I meant by "Weird venue, but if the stories about one of the guys working there are true, it would explain it." Some random bureaucratic lunch function would be an odd target for jihadis, unless one of them happened to know that there would be a bunch of people there on that day because the jihadi in question had been invited.
    Last edited by Tamara; 12-02-2015 at 11:07 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Possible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew E View Post
    Heck, even if they were "only" semi-auto I'd be much surprised if they were CA-compliant or Registered Assault Weapons.
    But sure as anything, 5 gets you 10 that the media will completely ignore that the weapons (not to mention the murders, possibly use of body armor in commission of a crime, attempted murders, fleeing police, shooting at police, etc.) were already in an illegal configuration in their hysterical calls for more laws.
    No doubt. Semi can be very effective, often more effective than full auto.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    What threw me at the start was two things:

1) Venue. Random bureaucrat luncheon, specifically targeted, seemed an odd choice for jihadis. Would-be martyrs seemed to usually pick more symbolic targets.
    2) The orderly and well-planned exfil after hitting the point target. I'd have bet on martyr wannabes whacking & stacking victims until they got their tickets to Paradise.

With one of the dudes apparently working with the victims, that solves the target selection riddle. And makes the exfil attempt scarier.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List