Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Shaggy arrived!

My Shaggy arrived!

Got my Shaggy today after a 5-mo wait. I must say I am pleased. Been carrying for over 30 years, leather and kydex, and this is a very nice holster. I've only been wearing it today and this evening, standing, sitting, cooking, eating, doing dishes and it has been quite comfortable. My wife never saw it under my t-shirt until I told her. My only concern about AIWB was a hernia "boot" repair on the right abdomen done 10 years ago. Not a problem!

My P30 rides very comfortably. I will be having dinner with my sons this week, who know I always carry, and will see how long it takes them to spot it. This will be a summertime dream with a loose t-shirt.

congrats, looks like a very nice holster. have you ever carried with other aiwb holsters? curious how you think it compares.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by turbolag23 View Post
    congrats, looks like a very nice holster. have you ever carried with other aiwb holsters? curious how you think it compares.
    What was your order number? I'm hoping mine will come soon as well.

I havent ordered one yet, I just tried an AIWB last Friday (Raven ACR) and it has peaked my interest. Just looking around to see if people have used multiple brands.

I carried a Gen4 G17 in a Shaggy for 6 months before I got my Gen4 G19 and Shaggy. Best holster I've ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I carried a Gen4 G17 in a Shaggy for 6 months before I got my Gen4 G19 and Shaggy. Best holster I've ever used.
    Why the switch from 17 to 19? This is now the setup I am looking very strongly at.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    do you use the same holster for the g17 and g19? thats typically what i do with my g23 and g27.

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Shooter View Post
    Why the switch from 17 to 19? This is now the setup I am looking very strongly at.
    The 19 fits me just right. It's my do it all pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by rijndael View Post
    What was your order number? I'm hoping mine will come soon as well.
    My order # was 2299. The construction of this holster is of the "taco" or fold-around type, and the ends are molded/rounded to the muzzle. There are no sharp edges, and the muzzle end slides easily across the abdomen and the crease of the thigh. I image that a pancake or two-piece construction would be rather "edgy" and uncomfortable. I have only used Sparks and Blade-tech previously in AIWB, this has them beat. Oh - forgot about a two-piece made by someone no longer in business. But it is for a 2 1/2 inch Smith 66.

Quote Originally Posted by turbolag23 View Post
    do you use the same holster for the g17 and g19? thats typically what i do with my g23 and g27.
    Nope, I have two Shaggys

User Tag List