Thread: Today I sinned...

Today I sinned...

Today I sinned…

I did not buy the laptop I’d intended for grad school….instead I bought a gun…the laptop can wait.
    No pictures yet, but a very pristine used Ruger New Model Bearcat. I’ll take it in the lower field on Saturday and see what rimfire fodder it likes best. FWIW the last Ruger Bearcat I handled and shot was an Old Style alloy frame model…mumble, mumble, years ago.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    While I've largely fallen out of love with single-action revolvers, I still have a soft spot for Bearcats. Well, those and .32 Mag Single-Sixes.

I once had an Old Model Bearcat that was a po-po confiscation gun. We got it from the local Glock LE distributor who had rec'd it from some department along with all their other seized guns as a partial trade-in on some new Glocks. I got it cheap because the full-cock notch on the hammer needed to be welded up and re-cut; as it was, you could only slip-fire it.

It still had the gravel dings in the gripframe where it had been tossed from the car window. You gotta wonder about the goblin who was sticking up stores with a Bearcat...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I have come close to buying a Bearcat several times.
    Never "pulled the trigger" it were.
    Don't know why they are appealing little guns.

The Biblical definition of sin as properly translated from the Hebrew actually means to "miss the mark"

Sounds like you are in the clear to me.

You have not sinned ..... but been blessed. The Ruger Bearcat was the choice of many, who wanted a smaller, lighter and easier to carry single action revolver. They are very well made.
    Many hikers or campers prefer this gun due to it's compact size.

You made a wise choice....

I searched for a good Bearcat for years for a good gun for my daughter. Could never find one that wasn't outrageous for price. At that point, I just got her a 60's vintage Colt Frontier Scout with an extra cylinder. Figured my little cowgirl deserved a real Colt at that point. I love Ruger single actions and prefer the older Vaquero's for custom builds. Someday I hope to fall into a deal on a Bearcat so I can build my little princess something cool.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I searched for a good Bearcat for years for a good gun for my daughter. Could never find one that wasn't outrageous for price. At that point, I just got her a 60's vintage Colt Frontier Scout with an extra cylinder. Figured my little cowgirl deserved a real Colt at that point. I love Ruger single actions and prefer the older Vaquero's for custom builds. Someday I hope to fall into a deal on a Bearcat so I can build my little princess something cool.
    I frequent a good gunshop in my work area, checking in on them from time to time because they're good folk's. I purchased my New Model Bearcat for less than three bills OTD, the only thing missing was the box and manual. To much? I thought it was more than fair and couldn't believe the gun lasted on the shelf for over a week.
    Tamara has fired up my intrest in the Single-Six now, I'd never considered one in 32 caliber, after I sold my Colt SAA year's ago a Ruger Old Model .45 Colt was the only SA I retained and only then because of it's history. I think we sometime's forget it's alright to have fun gun's for wood's walking and plinking.

I couldn't find one for less than $450..........because their rare. I would have jumped on a good one for under $300.

I love single action revolvers..........just cause they are cool. I will say that when I lit off my custom loaded hollow points at a 1000 fps with Black Powder out of a Ruger Sheriff's model in the local indoor range, they immediately shut the range down..........that won't happen with a plastic 9mm.

I took the New Model Bearcat out today and ran about 125 mixed rounds of .22LR through it while enjoying the nice weather. After going through firearms qualifications this week I just wanted to plink with this little revolver, so I spent my time making the stick’s jump, empty cans roll and cutting limbs in half that were in my brush pit. I started with a persistent headache that plagued me all week and after I’d finished cleaning the Ruger feel great. Sometimes I have to rediscover how relaxing it is just to go out with a nice 22 rimfire and have a good time outdoors.

One of the things we should all do once in awhile (especially if firearms are "work") is to go out and just shoot for the joy of taking a neat gun out and shooting with little or no purpose other than "fun". Some of us lose sight on the fact that shooting should be both fun and relaxing once in awhile.

User Tag List