Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ETS Clear Glock Magazines

Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    I watched a brand new ETS mag fail to work over the weekend--first round would fire but it wouldn't chamber the next round (slide would go into battery but no round in the chamber).
    What capacity magazine, what ammo and what gun?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

ETS Clear Glock Magazines

I bought five 22 rnd ETS mags to run this past weekend in a course with SuperDave.

About the 4th or 5th cycle of loading them up, I began having issues with them feeding reliably.

After examining the mags, it appears that the spring tension on all of them is extremely light, and in varying states of return pressure, with one mag not even being able to retain the last round with any tension at all... The round will fall out of you point the front of the mag downwards.

Was shooting a G17MOS RMR with Speer Lawman 147.

Now that I've got a day off, I'll see what ETS has to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SamuelBLong; 09-08-2016 at 06:57 AM.
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

They claim their polymer is more durable than pmags but I haven't experienced it. The 22 round mags I have swell quite a bit. So much that they won't fit in one of my glocks without substantial force.

Over on m4carbine people swear by them. They have great customer service but I still can't carry anything but oem mags. Everything else is range duty.

"Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    What capacity magazine, what ammo and what gun?
    I believe it was just a 17 round mag. Unsure on ammo. Gun was one of Aaron Cowan's Agency G19's or 17's. We did not investigate any further as a class, other than tossing that magazine out of the way so it wouldn't be used again during the class.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    I believe it was just a 17 round mag. Unsure on ammo. Gun was one of Aaron Cowan's Agency G19's or 17's. We did not investigate any further as a class, other than tossing that magazine out of the way so it wouldn't be used again during the class.
    Ah a heavily modified gun.

I have found the more modified a gun is, especially by a mass modifications company like agency the more likely it is to have issues with non OEM mags. A buddy locally has fully workes salient hobby, it sucks. Another buddy has an agency 19. Same thing, except it won't even run 10rnd 19mags...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I have 5 of the 10 round ETS Glock 19 mags. At this point, (probably 500+ rounds through them) I have relegated them to range use only. I experienced horrible customer service when attempting to deal directly with ETS when they shipped me the wrong items, and have been less than impressed with the performance of the magazines. I find the spring tension to be extremely tight when fully loaded. I have at least one failure to feed when loading from slide lock every range session (my mags are numbered so I can say with authority that the problems are not limited to one specific magazine). I am using a Gen 4 G19, stock except for sights and a Vickers slide stop, and a mix of Aguila 124gr and WWB 115gr. I have also had the follower bind up in the magazine body once. Not impressed at all and I won't buy any more. (I'm the guy that 43Under mentioned in post #14...)

ugh that's disappointing to hear. I ordered 5 of them. I should be able to get to the range this weekend and report back on their function.

FWIW I don't own any ETS mags...yet. I'll probably pick up a few next month. I've read over on M4C and Arfcom that some people put OEM G17 mag springs in the 22 round ETS mags and that cured their issues. They did say however that the last round was very hard to load, so downloading to 21 with the OEM G17 spring might be necessary. And for those who are having issues inserting a fully loaded mag I would personally just download by 1. I download by 1 with factory Glock mags as it is so that wouldn't be a deal breaker to me. As with everything gun related, YMMV.

FWIW Magpul just released their 140mm Glock mags today. Called the G21. Might be worth a look for some of you if you're unhappy with your ETS mags.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 09-09-2016 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Clarity

I have four ETS mags, two of the 22 round and two 31 round mags. None of them are 100% reliable. The mag bodies are very durable - the problem is the springs and followers. The replacement springs from ETS didn't solve the problem, although they were responsive and sent me replacements relatively quickly. They need to get with Wolff and get some better springs that fit properly, and maybe use a follower similar to the Magpul one.

Stick with OEM Glock or Magpul. I have over two dozen Magpul mags and they're GTG.
    Last edited by Clay; 09-09-2016 at 09:32 PM.

I have 2 OEM, 4 MP and 4 ETS. G3 G19 with NJ limited 15 rounds.

The OEM have weak springs and maybe I should replace them.

The MP is fine but I can't see how many rounds are in the mag.

The ETS are great so far with one snag (2 really). When I ran dot torture and loaded up 15+1, the mag didn't seat right on 2 different mags. Once I tried to replicate on film a 2nd time, they were fine. I attribute that to the springs being tight and new. No problems since and I use them exclusively.

The 1st round fired and then I got a failure to feed and found the mag floating in the well - meaning it was not falling freely. It just was barely locked in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BaiHu; 09-09-2016 at 11:04 PM.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List