Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G43 Magazine Extensions

YVK, what springs are you using?

Anyone have experience with the Pearce +1 baseplate?
    Last edited by Sam; 12-01-2015 at 01:12 AM.

I don't know who makes it. I found it on Ghost's website when I was buying a Ghost G43 connector.

http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_...NE-SPRING.html

G43 Magazine Extensions

For anyone wondering, TTI shipped extra power springs with the extensions automatically to me.
    Last edited by Sam; 12-05-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    For anyone wondering, TTI shipped extra power springs with the extensions automatically to me.
    You're saying that Taran now includes extra-power springs with these extensions?

Yes, they do. Just had a look at their site. I sent an e-mail, asking what about those of us who bought before they started including the spring? They also sell the spring now; $3.99 each.

The reply, if I get one, should be interesting…

Last edited by LSP972; 12-05-2015 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Looked at the web site for confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    You're saying that Taran now includes extra-power springs with these extensions?

Yes, they do. Just had a look at their site. I sent an e-mail, asking what about those of us who bought before they started including the spring? They also sell the spring now; $3.99 each.

Thanks for asking Steve. I'm still very much on the fence about the base pads, even with +P springs.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Tree_Octopus View Post
    [URL="http://www.tacticalsupply.com/store/detail.html?itemid=716"]They recommend hand-stretching the factory springs and I'm not too comfortable about that.
    That's... a pretty clear sign the spring is either worn or inadequate to begin with. In this case I would assume that second one.

This is a good way to get the magazine to work "flawlessly" for a very short period of time and end up right back where you started after it sat for awhile. Days? Weeks? In any case, the spring has been *permanently* altered. Life span is significantly reduced, and the consistency with which the spring behaves when compressed/relaxed is also changed.

I would prefer buying a spring that hasn't been guesstimated at, and has been designed from the ground up to work in its intended role along with comprehensive testing to validate that the original design was correct. Adding some space to the bottom of the mag and stretching the spring or adding a coil or two is well within that guesstimation range. Until someone else has exhaustively tested that configuration I wouldn't touch it for actual carry magazines. Even if someone tried a few mags and it worked fine after a couple weeks.
    Last edited by jh9; 12-05-2015 at 03:59 PM.

Taran replied to my e-mail; stated "we stand behind our products 100%" and asked for a quantity needed and an address where to send the springs to.

I'll "report" when/if I get them.

I have one TTI +1, one TTI +2 (with extra power Ghost spring), one Ghost +2, and two Strike Industries +2 (with Ghost extra power springs). All work as configured. All have a little slack in the spring when fully loaded. No failures with ball ammo. Limited testing with 147 JHP. I carry the TTI +1 with the Ghost +2 as a reload. If the Ghost continues to work with JHP, I will get more. I like the Ghost as a compromise between grip and concealibility. The Strike Industries +2 makes the G43 grip a hair longer than a G19 grip. The G43 with the other +2 magazine extensions is about as long in the grip as a G19 with the standard magazine. Question: Is 9 rounds enough or do I need 16 before reloading?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post

Yes. They were shipped with the extensions without asking for them.

Got the springs today. They are two coils longer than the OEM springs, otherwise identical save for what appears to be an anodizing of some sort. The OEM springs look to be bare metal; the Taran springs are matte black.

Getting that eighth round in there was a bit of a chore using just my fingers; but its done. No chance to shoot the pistol for several days hence, so I'll just leave the magazines loaded and see what's what next range session.

User Tag List