Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Molded ear plugs with hole in them?

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Do you know what a set normally runs? It looked like something a bit under $200 but the website didn't post a specific price.

I really liked those but never got a response back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    I really liked those but never got a response back.
    Same with me.

Judging by there website it looks like they cater to large companies were they can come in and sell 500 ear plugs. Maybe we should start a group buy lol

I might start hounding them after the first of the year and see if I can get a yes/no out of them for making just 1 person a set.
    Last edited by Luke; 12-15-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Do you know what a set normally runs? It looked like something a bit under $200 but the website didn't post a specific price.
    I used some company flex spending safety dollars I had accumulated, use it or loose it -- Don't recall what the cost actually was. The company safety guru was trained to take the molds and send them in, which is probably their main sales model.

I bought a pair of Surefire EP4 Defenders in 2013, I still have them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o05_s00

They are 24 dB NRR with the plugs. They are quicker to insert than foam, and at $13, a good alternative to muffs, on an outdoor pistol range. They fit my medium ears fairly well, I'm able to snug them fairly deep into my ear canal.

The problem I find, with plugs alone, is that low frequency sound can conduct through bone, which is why I always use muffs over plugs. So, in my case, my MSA Sordin Pro X's go over the EP4s. I find this especially useful indoors, or when I'm the only one shooting a pistol next to the guys with the ARs at the 25 yard line.

I ALWAYS leave the plugs in the EP4s.

I used the Decibullz ear plugs at the trap range today. They were better overall than the EP 4 Surefire plugs.

The EPs seem to work loose with the movements of mounting the shotgun and from the recoil. The Decibullz stayed put. The noise reduction is noticeably better then the EP 4 plugs and they are more comfortable, though the EP 4s are not uncomfortable. I will still add muffs for indoor shooting
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 12-15-2015 at 11:23 PM. Reason: sp
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    I used the Decibulz ear plugs at the trap range today. They were better overall than the EP 4 Surefire plugs.

The EPs seem to work loose with the movements of mounting the shotgun and from the recoil. The Decibulz stayed put. The noise reduction is noticeably better then the EP 4 plugs and they are more comfortable, though the EP 4s are not uncomfortable. I will still add muffs for indoor shooting
    Thanks Rich. I was going to pick up some longer-lasting ear plugs to wear under muffs and this looks like a great option. Will buy one or two!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    I used the Decibullz ear plugs at the trap range today. They were better overall than the EP 4 Surefire plugs.

The EPs seem to work loose with the movements of mounting the shotgun and from the recoil. The Decibullz stayed put. The noise reduction is noticeably better then the EP 4 plugs and they are more comfortable, though the EP 4s are not uncomfortable. I will still add muffs for indoor shooting
    Just a bit of necro-threading here. I'm thinking of upping my Peltor plugs to something better under my muffs for indoor shooting. How do the Decibullz feel under muffs? I see them for $25 on Amazon.com, have you or anyone found them for less?
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I just got mine for basically the same price direct from their site. I've used them once and they seem decent so far. I think I was given a 20% off coupon code when I got mine but I'll have to see if I can find it, may have been tossed with the shipping. If I can find it it's yours. I'll PM you today or tomorrow if I find the code...
    Last edited by scw2; 01-23-2016 at 03:20 PM.

I just got mine for basically the same price direct from their site. I've used them once and they seem decent so far. I think I was given a 20% off coupon code when I got mine but I'll have to see if I can find it, may have been tossed with the shipping. If I can find it it's yours. I'll PM you today or tomorrow if I find the code...
    Sweet! Thank you.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List