Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Actual Purpose of PS-90/MP7?

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Perhaps it's the ultimate old man gun?
    Hmmm. Not a bad idea. If a .22 is the caliber of choice, a 20 round Five-Seven sure beats any other 22 on the market, along with having the reliability of centerfire.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I had a PS-90 years ago with the intent of doing the SBR thing and adding a can. I eventually got rid of it because I started focusing all my training on the AR platform. That said its a VERY easy to shoot weapon and would be great for a "non-shooter" type (whether because of health or lack of experience). The controls and ergos were great and with a 50 round mag (presuming you live in a free state) it might be what he needs.

I preferred the USG optic as it kept a lower profile than the top rail options with Aimpoints or similar. It was very reliable and the only drawback was the terminal effectiveness of the projectile. But it would beat a Rimfire IMO.

Site Supporter
    Actually, doesn't Caltech offer a carbine version of their PMs 30, the 30 round 22 Magnum pistol?

Actual Purpose of PS-90/MP7?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Actually, doesn't Caltech offer a carbine version of their PMs 30, the 30 round 22 Magnum pistol?
    I'd be surprised if Caltech does, but Kel Tec has one .

If it is reliable - could be a good Old Man Gun.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/cmr-30/rifle/
    Last edited by TR675; 11-29-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    I'd be surprised if Caltech does, but Kel Tec has one .

If it is reliable - could be a good Old Man Gun.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/cmr-30/rifle/
    Given California's financial situation CalTech may need new new revenue streams.

Site Supporter
    In the Army, there is a document referred to as the TOE or M-TOE - Table of Equipment or Modified Table of Equipment. There are a surprising number of positions coded for pistol only weapon issue. After 9/11, it became common (at least in the units I was associated with) to "dual carry" with a M9 and a M4 for those authorized pistol only. Very simple process for a deploying unit to request the additional weapons. THREAD DRIFT: That process worked in a "rotational" schedule where some units were deployed while others were "home" refitting, training, etc. Not sure what will happen if all units are needed simultaneously. We were constantly "lending" our M240Bs to other units for example.

I have no factual basis for this but I always thought there purpose was in more of a protective detail type role. Such as secret service were we know agents are carrying but dont want to broadcast it with m4's. While uncomfortable I think a p90 is concealable under a suit coat.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Read DocGKR's sticky about PDWs.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
    I have no factual basis for this but I always thought there purpose was in more of a protective detail type role. Such as secret service were we know agents are carrying but dont want to broadcast it with m4's. While uncomfortable I think a p90 is concealable under a suit coat.
    No one wears P90's, or any other PDW under a suit. If you are built like a human, and want to have the suit fit you at all, it can't be done. Some of us may have carried PDW's under other types of clothing, under very specific, limited duration circumstances, but even then, it takes a lot of work for most to pull off, as well as deploy effectively.

Site Supporter
    Having seen a Kel-tec carbine break in half, I'll pass on that brand.

Anyway the real reason for the P90 is to shoot down flying saucers (Stargate for favorite shows).

How old before you need an old man gun? I can still shoot 1911s at 67. Should I buy a 5.7 for the assisted care home?

User Tag List