Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Movie - What's yours?

Favorite Movie - What's yours?

I'm very picky when it comes to movies. I will not devote 90 or more minutes of my life sitting on my ass and watching a dumb or mediocre move. I think doing so is an insult to my intelligence as well as an assault against my limited time on planet Earth. And even if a movie is decent, it's a tall order for me to watch it more than once.

With that said, I absolutely love two films and will watch them with great pleasure anytime and every time I can catch them on TV: Unforgiven, starring Clint Eastwood, and Man on Fire, starring Denzel Washington.

Both films are well written, well directed and, best of all, tell a great story of devotion and redemption. In my opinion, these films blow most other films away in terms of protagonist vs antagonist...but they tell much more about what motivates a man to do terrible, deadly things in the name of love & devotion for friend and family. While each story is violent, they are also very moving stories.

What are you favorite flicks?
    Last edited by ubervic; 11-28-2015 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Necessary emphasis on movie titles

Think for yourself. Question authority.

Probably Tombstone.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Serenity.
    Will have to check out Unforgiven again, it's been too long.

Blood Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Probably Tombstone.
    Another great.

Doc Holiday stole almost every scene. My favorite line in the flick: "I'm your Huckleberry...."

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Just saw this again about 2-3 weeks ago. Laughable how Tom Cruise looks like he's about 16 years old, but the flick holds up.

What about Gran Torino?

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I'm very picky when it comes to movies. I will not devote 90 or more minutes of my life sitting on my ass and watching a dumb or mediocre move. I think doing so is an insult to my intelligence as well as an assault against my limited time on planet Earth. And even if a movie is decent, it's a tall order for me to watch it more than once.

With that said, I absolutely love two films and will watch them with great pleasure anytime and every time I can catch them on TV: Unforgiven, starring Clint Eastwood, and Man on Fire, starring Denzel Washington.

Both films are well written, well directed and, best of all, tell a great story of devotion and redemption. In my opinion, these films blow most other films away in terms of protagonist vs antagonist...but they tell much more about what motivates a man to do terrible, deadly things in the name of love & devotion for friend and family. While each story is violent, they are also very moving stories.

What are you favorite flicks?

Original Star Wars Trilogy.
    "The Thing" is a close second.
    "Blade Runner", "No Country for Old Men", and "Pulp Fiction" following behind

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Original Star Wars Trilogy.
    "The Thing" is a close second.
    "Blade Runner", "No Country for Old Men", and "Pulp Fiction" following behind
    I remember being shocked to my core watching The Thing (early '80s version with Kurt Russell).

I appreciate No Country for Old Men more and more, every time I watch it.

User Tag List