Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Movie - What's yours?

Some wonderful posts here, but for me I think I have to give the nod to "The Shawshank Redemption".

There are so many movies in so many genres. I don't have a "favorite" anything!

Last night I was able to watch To Kill a Mockingbird all the way through for the 1st time on TCM. Outstanding movie, as are all the others mentioned.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Kellys Heroes and the Dirty Dozen

Last edited by UNK; 11-29-2015 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Back to add a few more movies. I get to thinking and more just pop into my head. Great enjoyable movies that I always recommend to folks looking for a movie they can watch with the family.

Second Hand Lions
    JohnO and I could have movie night together, I thought of this one later last night too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Last night I was able to watch To Kill a Mockingbird all the way through for the 1st time on TCM. Outstanding movie, as are all the others mentioned.
    That's one of the greats. And linking back to Second Hand Lions above, a young Herb McCann as Boo Radley.

Which, speaking of Robert Duvall.... Lonesome Dove (okay, it's more than just "a" movie, but still).
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    I'm a big movie fan so here's some more

To hell and back. Cause Audie Murphy is the real deal. The rules of the house; if an Audie Murphy movie is on we watch it.

Since it is Christmas my favorite Christmas movies are, The three godfathers and Ronin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Primeris like if Memento and Inception had a baby, the mindfucks were real. Best time travel movie I've seen, but it's not for the fidgety or those who want neat conclusions.

The Thin Red Line was far superior to Saving Private Ryan by my book. A controversial call, I know, but I found it to be far more compelling.

Hero is simply an amazing example of wuxia, excellent visuals, storyline, pacing, audio, etc.

United 93 dispenses with the typical film making tropes. Tack on the high relevance of the film's plot with my generation, and the fact that I first watched it on 2006-09-11, and it holds a special place in my heart.

I almost forgot.....Ronin.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Where/how do you source high-quality films these days? I'm not interested in buying, just renting.
    Netflix DVD rentals.

Or, I have a used movie and cd shop near my office. I just buy used DVDs for $3-5 bucks. You can probably do the same on eBay if there is no brick and mortar store near you. Might as well own instead of rent at those prices.

Heat....without a doubt is my favorite.

Second Hand Lions
    No Country for Old Men
    Risky Business
    Colors
    Last edited by MD7305; 11-29-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Heat
    The 25th Hour
    Collateral
    Monsters Inc.
    Bad Santa

In that order.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List