Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: I hate Turkey rant

Site Supporter
    I bought a frozen turkey the Sunday morning before Thanksgiving. It should have had enough time to thaw, but on that Tuesday It was still rock hard. So I picked up a ham and that's what was for dinner on the Thanksgiving.

As to the Turkey I smoked it on a weeknight after work, but it finished around 10 pm so I had something else for dinner. I ended up stripping the meat and making stock with the carcass using Alton Browns recipe https://altonbrown.com/recipes/chicken-stock/
    The
    A couple of days later I followed up making Emeril Lagasse's Mardfi Gras jambalaya with the smoked turkey and home made stock. https://www.emerils.com/123527/mardi-gras-jambalaya

Name:  IMG_2757.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  48.7 KB

I usually do this with roaster chickens but it tastes great with the turkey.
    Last edited by JclInAtx; 12-06-2022 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Typos

I'm a big red meat and fish guy but I do love a good turkey occasionally. Wife brines it, seasons it with a herb and butter rub then roasts in the oven "breast down" for maintaining maximum juiciness. We eat off the carcass for a few days (preferably turkey sandwiches) then she turns the rest into home made turkey noddle soup. That said I could eat my weight of that Turkey Jambalaya. Wow! YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Because you're an outlier, and most people like poultry.

"I don't understand why anyone would ever shoot right handed. Left handed works better for me, so there can't possibly be a reason anyone would want to shoot right handed!".

That's literally how ridiculous your post sounds.
    That's what I say about batting right handed....

User Tag List