Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate Turkey rant

You know who else hates Turkey? The Kurds.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    #istillhateturkey
    #metoo

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    We’re roasting a chicken, which is perfect for the fact that it’s just my wife and I and my brother visiting from Chicago. But in years where we had more siblings, we still just did two chickens.

Turkey can be done well, but it’s a huge pain. Roasting a chicken is as simple as salting 24 hours ahead, covering in more salt and either oil or melted butter right before, throwing some split garlic heads and lemon at it, and putting it the oven with a vegetable medley underneath it to get cooked in the fat.

With a good mature and air chilled bird, it beats your run of the mill oven roasted turkey handily, every time.
    It’s a lot easier if you get a couple of rotisserie chickens from Costco, $4.99 each.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Not in MD, but $3.99/lb.

pat
    $0.33/lb here. Sucker.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Turkey can be done well, but it’s a huge pain.
    Oven bags make turkey super easy.

One of the easiest meals I've ever made, actually, and I'm no cook.

Hands down a game changer compared to doing it the old fashioned way.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Oven bags make turkey super easy.
    Name:  4pw07x.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  32.0 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I didn't have turkey on Thanksgiving for about the 50th year in a row. Lucky me! I don't really have any desire, never have, to eat any kind of poultry, give me ham, fish(except Salmon, Tuna, or Trout), beef, anytime. I had to be nagged to eat it when I was a kid. At 15, I started saying no..

Hell, a crappy burger is better than any turkey I've ever had. Including fried, which is the best.
    I don't like green bean anything.
    I don't like mushroom anything.
    I don't want gravy on anything.
    Since I don't like poultry, stuffing is out.
    I can take or leave Yams/Sweet Potatoes.

Love red potatoes.
    Mashed potatoes range from great to...well, not so great.
    I had some great corn on the cob a week before the holiday. I don't know where it came from, but it was very good.
    A late family friend made this great ham and rice every year that I really miss. Her daughter just doesn't get it right for some reason.

This year, I had Catfish on french garlic bread, some Fritos, an orange, and washed down with Pepsi. It was great. Last year, I had Walleye on French garlic bread, some red potatoes, an orange, and washed down with iced tea.

Best Thanksgiving dinner ever? A huge Catfish stuffed with asian vegetables, along with Thai Jasmine rice that soaked up the sauce the fish and veggies cooked in that a friend's wife came up with. Best thing I have ever eaten, period. I guessed the newly added ingredient, a tiny bit of coconut (I was ridiculed for guessing that was it by everyone else there), and won the "extra bowl" for guessing it correctly!

I don't do Turkey anymore. I find birds to be the least tasty meat. At least the traditional stuff, never tried ostrich.

Turkey itself is ok but it easy to dry out and then it's a struggle the whole dinner just to chew the few ounces on the plate. Neh! Give me some kind of red meat rare and still bleeding!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I bought a smoked turkey this year. Much better than an oven roasted or fried turkey. The drumsticks were pretty tough, almost too tough to eat. I don't like turkey but my wife insists on having turkey when we gather at our house for Thanksgiving. That usually only happens every other year so I can eat turkey once every 2 years.

I was in charge of the cleanup so I wrapped all of the left over turkey and sent it home with the guests. My wife ask me yesterday where the left over turkey was. She should have never left me in charge of the cleanup.

I did make an important discovery this Thanksgiving so that saved a boring meal for me. I discovered Pinot Noir wine. I dislike white wine about as much as I dislike turkey. Everyone always pairs white with poultry. Hogwash. Oregon Pinot Noir goes very well with poultry. It was a big hit with the wine drinkers. Totally stumbled onto that. I thought I was buying white wine at Costco.
    Last edited by Borderland; 11-28-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I don't do Turkey anymore. I find birds to be the least tasty meat. At least the traditional stuff, never tried ostrich.

Turkey itself is ok but it easy to dry out and then it's a struggle the whole dinner just to chew the few ounces on the plate. Neh! Give me some kind of red meat rare and still bleeding!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I used to be a bird hunter. I can tell you that just about any game bird is better than domestic turkey, way better. It's like comparing elk to Angus.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List