Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate Turkey rant

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    You know what sounds really good? Smoked duck. Is that a thing?
    Yes. Yes it is.

You know who else doesn't like turkey?

Godless Communists. Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Ahhh yes...about time to top this thread again.

I hate Turkey.

PS We are taking a nice honey-baked ham up to the fam for the holiday.
    I logged in and scrolled to this particular message just to upvote and reply. I love turkey from Thanksgiving to deli meat. You are a crazy person.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    I logged in and scrolled to this particular message just to upvote and reply. I love turkey from Thanksgiving to deli meat. You are a crazy person.
    My work this year is done.

See y’all in 2021. Let’s put this crap year of 2020 behind us.

Site Supporter
    You know what sounds really good? Smoked duck. Is that a thing?
    It is @myhouse

I was all #whybother when Thanksgiving came up a few weeks ago. Daughter replied "It's not Thanksgiving without smoked Duck."

Brought me a tear.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    It is @myhouse

I was all #whybother when Thanksgiving came up a few weeks ago. Daughter replied "It's not Thanksgiving without smoked Duck."

Brought me a tear.
    There is a lot to be said for how early experiences of the holiday shapes preferences for years to come. I grew up with roast turkey, bread stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and turkey gravy for Thanksgiving, and I still enjoy those foods. Christmas has always been roast beef, usually prime rib or tenderloin. After I married, my wife brought her holiday traditions, including smoked turkey, cornbread dressing, and corn casserole -- the latter I cannot abide. Our daughter loves corn casserole, and it is part of the holidays to her. Needless to say, we have it for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.

We are smoking a turkey breast for Thanksgiving even though I am craving fried turkey, and my wife's parents are doing a ham. There will be mashed potatoes, peas, green bean casserole, and, yes, corn casserole.

My favorite part of Thanksgiving is a dark, heavy beer with a dark, heavy cigar while checking the frying bird every now and then. Thick cut fried turkey sandwiches are pretty great too. I wanted a fried bird and a smoked bird this year but I guess the smoked bird will have to wait.

Our family are clearly not mainstream . . . If you are not towards the front of the line to the table, the dark meat is long gone. (If we could get a 4 legged turkey with no breasts, it would be a win!)

Something to do with the white meat tending towards tasteless and often dry . . . .

All the years growing up, Thanksgiving and Christmas were turkey or ham (or both, if a big get together). Never did beef for Christmas until I was with my current wife . . .
    Last edited by tadawson; 11-10-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Ham on thanksgiving seems vaguely anti Semitic.
    Okay, I'll play:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thanksgiving is a cruel joke. I'm a fatty who loves me some gluttony as much as the next guy but it's like they designed the holiday version of a Chinese buffet jam packed with every food I can't stand imaginable. About the only Thanksgiving foods I end up eating are rolls and green bean casserole. Maybe mashed potatoes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

User Tag List