Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate Turkey rant

Site Supporter
    Fresh, not frozen 11# Butterball, in a roasting bag, with melted butter and thyme rubbed on the outside and bestween the skin and breast, quartered fresh onions under the bird. Golden, juicy, and delicious.

Yeah, a local farm raised bird might be better. Never tried one. Had a Coues deer roast last year.

Site Supporter
    Today's cold turkey sammiches were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Yes indeed... Today's culinary delight was turkey/mayo/cranberry sauce sandwiches. I can take or leave "turkey dinner," but the leftover sandwiches rock.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I’ve had four so far. Yea, just plan good like fighter jets and huge American flags.

In my family, there has been at least one every generation that just doesn't like poultry, period. And that's me, my uncle was the last one. I don't understand the appeal. But then again, I hate so many things, like tomatoes (worst thing that people eat that comes out of the ground, IMHO, just gross), cheese (disgusting), most condiments, and anything white and creamy that isn't ice cream. To me, nothing smells or tastes more disgusting than ranch dressing. Nothing. It makes me wretch just to smell it. My mom ate loads of it. Yikes. I never liked milk, ever. I had to be forced to drink it as a kid. I haven't bought any since my mother died, and for myself it's been over 30 years. I think my dairy hatred is why I can be a 61 year old fat guy who isn't diabetic. In my friends I've known many years, the cheese/milk guzzlers all went type 2 by 50. I can eat anything I want, and it's never poultry, Salmon, Tuna, or Trout. Any other fish, I'm in, as long as it's cooked.

I have turned down thousands of dollars worth of free pizza over the years,

Sure, if you fry chicken or turkey, it's tolerable, but if I never eat any of it again, I will die happy. Last time I had chicken was when Long John Silvers put a piece of chicken in with my fish. My dogs were gone, so I ate it, and it was as meh as always.

What did I have for Thanksgiving? Some awesome ham friend rice with extra ham and peapods in it. And for desert? Popcorn.
    Last edited by Hemiram; 11-26-2017 at 02:00 AM.

Turkey is SO AWESOME I'm cooking it again tonight!

Awww YEAH!
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Turkraken?

Name:  Turcracken.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  11.2 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Turkraken?

Name:  Turcracken.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  11.2 KB
    Turthulu
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I hate Turkey.

There, I said it.

As a little boy, we always ate Turkey in November. Later in life, it was always there for the holidays, like some kind of winged specter.

I don't like the taste of Turkey. It's so bad, you have to disguise it with mountains of mashed potato, ladles of gravy, and gobs of cranberry relish.

Turkey leftovers stay in the fridge for days, like an unwelcome Uncle. In my life, I've had to eat Turkey sandwiches, Turkey Soup, Warmed up Turkey. For days. And days.

It takes forever to cook a turkey. Frozen, they take a minimum of two days on the drainboard. Space that could be better used, like, say, to make a plate of chips and salsa. They bake for hours and hours. The house heats up. The smell of Turkey lingers, much like that Uncle.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Tomorrow we're going for Chinese Take Out.

Bump.

Planning a couple Ribeyes and bottle of Merlot this week.

Still hate Turkey.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Bump.

Planning a couple Ribeyes and bottle of Merlot this week.

Still hate Turkey.
    Turkey is a tradition for Thanksgiving. Suck it up and drive on.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List