Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate Turkey rant

Still not a fan of the garbage bird.

I'm also annoyed more than I should be by people thinking that turkey puts you to sleep.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    ^^^^ Nice baster!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    So...one quirk of tapatalk seems to be that it shows pictures in portrait, previewing the left side.

The picture of Erin basting the turkey is actually a lot more...legitimate...when viewed on something other than a phone.

Anyway here's a a pic I was looking for earlier but didn't find until now.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    It's a lovely picture with great lighting.

I have mixed opinions about turkey. Whole birds take forever to cook in an oven and almost never cook well.

Deep fried, grilled, smoked, etc that makes a whole turkey much better, in my opinion.

BUT I love Thanksgiving, it's my favorite holiday. And as such I don't hate turkey. Especially turkey breast. Since it's just the wife and I this year, a turkey breast and a few sides is the plan for today.

Finally got the picture to load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

We had excellent tri-tip, honey baked ham, and turkey. I️ scarfed down the tri-tip and ham. I️ forced myself to eat the turkey. Yuk.

Site Supporter
    Our turkey was perfect today. We cooked a smaller bird --about 9 or 10 pounds. In a spicey brine over night, then in the oven for about 3 hours today. Drumsticks were delicious.

All you guys who "hate turkey": have you ever tried cooking it upside down?

Try it. It makes a world of difference.

I wonder what the venn diagram looks like for the people who don’t like turkey and those who don’t know how to cook it well.

Smoked a 15# turkey for the annual family feast. Was flavorful, juicy and delicious. Looking forward to leftovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Cooked at 22 lb bird, we got from a local homesteader/farmer. Worked out good. Best dark meat I’ve had. Carcass is cooking overnight with a bunch of vegatable scrapes to make some broth, should be the good solid when cold stuff.

I gotta make some more cranberries for the upcoming sandwiches.

I can see folks hating the mass produced ButterBall turkey like zombies. I think our bird turned out good this year as it was never frozen, it was walking around Tuesday morning. I re read that and feel like an elitist food snob, bragger.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 11-23-2017 at 09:57 PM. Reason: More thoughts

User Tag List