Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate Turkey rant

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post

I don't hate'm, just don't like'm. I like them even less in a casserole. I can eat them, but when it sank in I was old enough to choose, I stopped and have felt free ever since!
    Gotcha. I grew up on liver once a month. Haven't ate any since I left home for the Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Gotcha. I grew up on liver once a month. Haven't ate any since I left home for the Marines.
    No Liver Fiesta in Marine chow halls?!? Damn it, I picked the wrong naval service...

Going back a long long time, on my Russian side, in every generation, there is at least one guy, and it's always a guy, who just doesn't like poultry. And of course, that's me. My uncle was the last one, my grandfather before him. I don't hate it, but unless it's fried, I don't understand why anyone would want to eat it. Even then, give me fried fish, it's always better than fried chicken or turkey. In my case, besides not liking poultry (and all the other stuff that "tastes like...chicken"), the list of stuff I don't like, well, the stuff I hate is long. The amount of free food and coffee (Yuck is too nice a word to describe the vile stuff)I've turned down is just staggering. Pizza? Oh no. Never. Cheese (My dislike level ranges from "No thanks to Yikes) AND tomatoes, the most disgusting thing to come out of the ground? Mexican? Please. Greek? No no no. I've despised tomato anything since long before I could talk. I would become enraged when my mother would try to feed me spaghetti with tomato sauce on it. Since I couldn't talk yet, I would try to spit it out, refuse to open my mouth, yell, turn bright red and slap the bowl off my high chair, and about the time it finally dawned on my mother it was the sauce I hated, I would yell, "NOOOOO!" at the top of my lungs trying to make her understand how much I hated it. I hate the smell of tomatoes, even more than coffee, which just nauseates me. At 64, my likes and dislikes are beyond set. Life would be so much easier if I just wasn't so picky. But I am what I am, a source of amusement to my coworkers and friends. And yes, I have tried a lot of the stuff I hated as a kid. I still hate them all.

Site Supporter
    Thanks Yung. We went with this one instead of the Eddie Deen because Deen was wanting something like 65$ for shipping. It was a hit!! The general feedback was Nueskes was maybe even a little better than Greenberg’s, especially for the dark meat. The dark meat reminded me little of ham.

This is for the turkey haters.

Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

At first I was expecting a video that was gonna result in me telling you to piss off. Boy am I glad I watched some of it. She's my new favorite chef.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    My wife brines the turkey before baking, and it's awesome.

Because this is a gun forum I will now heckle you with "it's the Indian, not the arrow."
    Last year I had an expertly brined roast turkey and it was delicious. I don't do tradition foods. I eat what I like. This might have been my first brined turkey.

This year I smoked my first turkey, just a 9 pounder, spatch cocked. Also spectacular. Took about 4 hours at 275 degrees.

I'll eat turkey for days and days after a holiday, loving it.

I've never tasted a deep fried turkey.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Name:  4D67419E-9FEC-4DE7-B28A-521DAF5370F0.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  74.3 KB

Cherry wood smoked.

Name:  E4548E04-F010-4D44-A7C4-7305AC671BAE.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  48.4 KB

Divine.

Name:  C901B738-FB1E-4B1F-8628-2344CB539249.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  37.6 KB

Swiss cheese on a low carb wrap. Bout the best thing ever.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    No Liver Fiesta in Marine chow halls?!? Damn it, I picked the wrong naval service...
    The last couple years I was stationed at the Marine Barracks for a Naval Ammunition Depot. Our small chow hall won the W P T Hill Award for best small dining facility two years running. I don't think they did liver, ever. I was well-fed, at least for lunch, wife was in charge of supper, and she hadn't won any awards at that point in her cooking career.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    The last couple years I was stationed at the Marine Barracks for a Naval Ammunition Depot. Our small chow hall won the W P T Hill Award for best small dining facility two years running. I don't think they did liver, ever. I was well-fed, at least for lunch, wife was in charge of supper, and she hadn't won any awards at that point in her cooking career.
    Liver Fiesta was at least a once a month horror on my ship. Think small chunks of liver baked with large chunks of slimy bell pepper and onion then let sit in a steam tray for serving. You learn a lot of tricks eating in a navy mess. Many culinary sins can be covered literally by bread and making a sandwich out of things you wouldn't ordinarily sandwich. Hot sauce helps bland become less bland. Et cetera. Nothing helps liver fiesta, NOTHING! And I say this as a person that likes the occasional meal of beef liver and onions.

User Tag List