Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Officer Charged With 1st Degree Murder in Death of 17 Year Old McDonald

Looks like the dude mag dumped on him. At 5:30 in the video you can see McDonald isn't walking in the direction of the officers but gets lit up anyway. It's interesting reading on the background of the case. http://chicagoreporter.com/how-chica...ice-execution/

Delete
    Last edited by davisj; 11-24-2015 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Deleted, link posted above

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I will also be super curious as to how they got to 1st degree on the murder charge.
    Give a politician a chance to vote both sides of an issue, and they usually will. Maybe overcharge on purpose so they can say they charged him but he walks?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Looks like the dude mag dumped on him. At 5:30 in the video you can see McDonald isn't walking in the direction of the officers but gets lit up anyway. It's interesting reading on the background of the case. http://chicagoreporter.com/how-chica...ice-execution/
    Looked to me like he turned towards the officers in the vehicle. Distance was supposed to be within ten feet. Ten feet, high on PCP and armed with a knife...I have no issue with the initial reason to shoot.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Looks like a case of failure to stop shooting when the threat was stopped. . . . Not seeing first degree murder though. Definitely a shooting with significant issues.
    Your first sentence may answer the question of first degree charge. The threat was stopped very quickly. The officer continued to shoot McDonald after he was no longer a threat. If the shots fired after the threat was stopped killed McDonald, then you have an intentional, unlawful killing. We all know and can appreciate that there may be a period of time after the threat is stopped before a shooter will realize the threat is stopped. The shooting of McDonald continued for a long time after he was down.

(
    a) A person who kills an individual without lawful justification commits first degree murder if, in performing the acts which cause the death:
    (1) he either intends to kill or do great bodily harm to that individual or another, or knows that such acts will cause death to that individual or another; or
    (2) he knows that such acts create a strong probability of death or great bodily harm to that individual or another; or
    (3) he is attempting or committing a forcible felony other than second degree murder.
    Moreover, it's pretty common knowledge that prosecutors frequently charge more than they are confident they can prove in order to encourage a plea bargain. Police are just used to being on the other side of that practice.

Looked to me like he turned towards the officers in the vehicle. Distance was supposed to be within ten feet. Ten feet, high on PCP and armed with a knife...I have no issue with the initial reason to shoot.
    The video shows he turned and started walking down the dashed line but not towards the officers.

How the fuck is this ^^^^ a justifiable shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    How the fuck is this ^^^^ a justifiable shoot?
    It is not. Its murder.

Hard to tell from this perspective if the shoulder turn was from being shot or the start of a change that initiated the shooting. When I first saw it that stood out to me, but those are the slight body indicators I am looking for. I figure he was also getting verbal commands that he was totally ignoring. Again, I can easily see articulating the threat to a reasonable man standard for the initial shots, but that is it.

Sadly, we are seeing over and over resistance on the part of suspects in many of the high profile cases that start spiriling out of control and the only focus is on the officer not handling the resistance perfectly. In many cases it is handled poorly, but what is missed by many is that the entire thing could be avoided with initial compliance and I look at fault being shared by all parties.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Any video with good sound?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List