Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Officer Charged With 1st Degree Murder in Death of 17 Year Old McDonald

Chicago Officer Charged With 1st Degree Murder in Death of 17 Year Old McDonald

I don't recall hearing about this in 2014 and didn't see this posted elsewhere. Fox News is reporting the dash-cam video of the shooting will be released by tomorrow, perhaps today. Reports indicate McDonald was shot 16 times, twice in the back. While McDonald was armed with a 4" knife the shots to the back seem to be critical elements in the charging of Officer Van Dyke.

Protests are expected, can't help but wonder if these will erupt and make Ferguson look like a pillow fight.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/24.../?intcmp=hpbt4

Some kid has a knife and is hopped up on PCP, and is shot dead.

Bummer. I'd go burn my town down but I'd rather hang out with the dog.
    Last edited by Peally; 11-24-2015 at 01:40 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Of course the officer will get a fair hearing in Chicagos notoriously fair and unbiased judicial system, one renowned across the land for its integrity and respect for justice and truth.

Nothing to worry about.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Some kid has a knife and is hopped up on PCP, and is shot dead.

Bummer. I'd go burn my town down but I'd rather hang out with the dog.
    Well...except it's not funny since I live in the town most likely to be burnt down. And my wife works downtown in the place where most "demonstrations" are likely to go awry.

This is just fantastic news otherwise...

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Well...except it's not funny since I live in the town most likely to be burnt down. And my wife works downtown in the place where most "demonstrations" are likely to go awry.

-Rob
    That situation sucks. Keep your head down and try to stay safe.

Interesting to see an unedited copy of the video. Till then I'll reserve judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

-Rob
    Stay frosty. It's likely it won't be long before I or another member is in the same situation if things keep going the way they're going.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

The incident occurred in 2014, so protests and whatnot are not likely on the horizon, unless BLM types just need to stir stuff up.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I will wait to see the video and supporting documentation when available to make an opinion.

As things have been going recently in terms of Ferguson and the BLM non-sense, I am very skeptical of all such accusations.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    The incident occurred in 2014, so protests and whatnot are not likely on the horizon, unless BLM types just need to stir stuff up.
    The incident occurred in 2014. However, the dash cam footage, ostensibly is "highly inflammatory" and will be released tomorrow publicly for the first time. There are already calls via Twitter for demonstrations amongst #Activists! My guess is the initial wave will be peaceful. But given the claim that white supremacists shot BLM protesters in Minneapolis today...This could be a Thanksgiving powder keg.

-Rob

Truth hasn't stopped BLM and other left leaning groups from rioting in the past. There wasn't a video of Freddie Gray and I'm betting that regardless of what the video shows there are groups just looking for an excuse to pop off. Let's just hope Black Friday isn't redefined with the burnt ruins of a city. However, I'm not holding my my breath.

User Tag List