Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another great find

Another great find

Nosing around one of the LGS's yesterday, and I see, mixed in with a group of new Smith revolvers, an older one, priced $300 less than the new 686's on either side of it. When I get my hands on it, I realize it's a Model 67, stainless K-frame 4" in .38 Special, and it looks brand new. I get on my phone and see it's from 1974; a 40-year old wheelgun, not a mark on it, cylinder is tight, bore is bright, action is smooth. I ask the gunshop guy why it's so cheap; he looks me in the eye and says, "Nobody wants .38's; they all want .357's". Yeah, baby. This will be the Thanksgiving pre-dinner treat...running some rounds through it; looks like it might be the first rounds down the tube.

Name:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  81.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Nosing around one of the LGS's yesterday, and I see, mixed in with a group of new Smith revolvers, an older one, priced $300 less than the new 686's on either side of it. When I get my hands on it, I realize it's a Model 67, stainless K-frame 4" in .38 Special, and it looks brand new. I get on my phone and see it's from 1974; a 40-year old wheelgun, not a mark on it, cylinder is tight, bore is bright, action is smooth. I ask the gunshop guy why it's so cheap; he looks me in the eye and says, "Nobody wants .38's; they all want .357's". Yeah, baby. This will be the Thanksgiving pre-dinner treat...running some rounds through it; looks like it might be the first rounds down the tube.

Name:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  81.4 KB
    not making it eays for me... trying to figure out how to get $ for a p2000sk and a model 64...

Those grips alone are worth good money these days...put them away, get some good shoes on her, and it will be a great shooter.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Yup, the "football" Goncalo Alves Targets in that condition can approach a hundred dollar bill.

Just this, Steve... please, PLEASE, don't put Goodyears on that sweetie, in the name of all that's holy. Check out Ahrends; affordable class that works.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Yup, the "football" Goncalo Alves Targets in that condition can approach a hundred dollar bill.

Just this, Steve... please, PLEASE, don't put Goodyears on that sweetie, in the name of all that's holy. Check out Ahrends; affordable class that works.

I actually have a spare set of Ahrends for a square butt K if that is of interest.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Very nice. Excellent purchase.

Site Supporter
    Excellent score. I have lucked it three 4" model 15s the last couple years for the same reason. I wish I could find one like you found. My aging eyes really appreciate the red ramp now.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I actually have a spare set of Ahrends for a square butt K if that is of interest.
    PM sent.

FWIW: One of the handiest, valuable Smith has ever built. Never let it go; if you do you will always regret it. I like VZ grips but I have a medium sized hand.

Nice.

I have always liked the M67s.
    Never found one when I had cash available.

User Tag List