Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 lack of trigger safety....

The hinged and tabbed triggers on modern striker guns are to keep the trigger from moving rearward when not being engaged. They are NOT manual safeties of any sort, and it's ONLY to prevent movement of the trigger due to inertia.

It's been a long time since I have had access to a P320 so I can't comment on the "how", but the P320 was designed internally in such way that it does not require a physical block of the trigger in order to keep the trigger from moving.

Sig made the tabbed trigger safety only because some contracts and some individuals require it simply because the trigger safeties are so prominent some will never feel comfortable without it (like some people with manual safeties or grip safeties).

Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    It's been a long time since I have had access to a P320 so I can't comment on the "how", but the P320 was designed internally in such way that it does not require a physical block of the trigger in order to keep the trigger from moving.
    Tom Jones covered it pretty well. On most other striker guns when you pull the trigger the trigger bar is also moving backward. But on the SIG the trigger bar is attached above the trigger pivot point. So when you pull the trigger you are pulling the trigger bar forward. I am willing to bet those two cancel each other out on falls.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Interesting, well received points.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'm not discounting anyone's concerns, but what is it about the trigger safety that you like? Or rather, for what scenario do you feel it is beneficial? Is it for foreign objects in the trigger guard concerns or drop safe concerns or something else?

Also, while I haven't seen one in person, Sig did design and implement a trigger with a tabbed trigger safety. It's supposed to be available as an option, but I'm not sure if that's something for the general public or just reserved for agencies or contracts that require it. Here's a picture (stolen from the internet, specifically from MadPick at WaGuns.org in this thread: http://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=35892) from SHOT a couple years back sowing the tabbed trigger safety:

Attachment 4607

ETA: I must type painfully slow (or I'm easily distracted) since Dcowboyscr beat me to mentioning the tabbed trigger safety by 24 minutes (and his post wasn't there when I started my reply)
    Perhaps "trigger check" under stress? My understanding is that the check tends to be on the side of the trigger and not square on the face.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Perhaps "trigger check" under stress? My understanding is that the check tends to be on the side of the trigger and not square on the face.
    If your understanding is correct, why wouldn't you be able to do the same thing with the P320?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    If your understanding is correct, why wouldn't you be able to do the same thing with the P320?
    I don't understand what you're asking.

Not gonna lie, the more I use a gun other then a striker I realize how much it gives me a weird feeling. It is essentially a gun with no visual/tactile reference for when the trigger is being pressed and no safety to speak of. The gadget changes the biggest issues for me, until then I am not comfortable with the idea of them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I don't understand what you're asking.
    Couldn't the "trigger check" be done the same with the P320 as with other guns?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Not gonna lie, the more I use a gun other then a striker I realize how much it gives me a weird feeling. It is essentially a gun with no visual/tactile reference for when the trigger is being pressed and no safety to speak of. The gadget changes the biggest issues for me, until then I am not comfortable with the idea of them anymore.
    I can feel when I am pulling the trigger. Even without the drop safety tab on the trigger, the P320 has the same feeling when I pull the trigger.

The HK VP9 doesn't have this either ... It's just a different design.

User Tag List