Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 lack of trigger safety....

Sig 320 lack of trigger safety....

After fondling one the other day, it got me thinking on something. I feel i'm the only one who thinks it's odd and a tad worrisome the 320 does not have a trigger safety. I know "this is my safety", but coming from glocks, i would NEVER have a glock without a Trigger safety (even if its "perceived")...why is it soo accepted on the 320 platform with an almost arguably lighter/shorter trigger?

The Glock trigger safety is content free.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

I've been wondering this too. The 320 seems like a very good gun but I don't know if I'd be comfortable carrying one without a trigger safety. Though I'm sure there's people who carry 1911s with the safety off who would be eager to toss the eric bana quote and tell me how silly I am.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

There is an optional trigger safety for the P320 in the promotional videos. Also, the trigger safety on Glocks is to make sure the trigger doesn't move from inertia if the pistol is dropped.

Site Supporter
    I would say they do absolutely no good for foreign objects in the trigger guard. Could be a good inertia blocker for a fall from high enough though. I don't see a huge benefit to them.

Site Supporter
    Having never done anything other than handle/dryfire a 320, I wasn't aware of that.

I'm waiting for the thumb safety option.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Though I'm sure there's people who carry 1911s with the safety off who would be eager to toss the eric bana quote and tell me how silly I am.
    Those people are idiots.

The Glock "trigger safety" is a drop safety. Period. If the P320 is drop safe without one then there's no need to complicate things.

The Glock trigger safety is content free.
    I would say they do absolutely no good for foreign objects in the trigger guard.
    ...the trigger safety on Glocks is to make sure the trigger doesn't move from inertia if the pistol is dropped.
    Other than if it is a drop safety, I've never understood the advantage of the Glock trigger safety. I'm not sure how the advantage would manifest itself. What does it give you that the SIG P320 doesn't?

User Tag List