Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surefire 2211X, ultimate dog walking light

Surefire 2211X, ultimate dog walking light

For the past few weeks I've been using a Surefire 2211X wrist light as my evening dog walking light.

It's freaking awesome.

Not only can you illuminate pretty much anything you want with 15, 60 or 300 lumens but you can do it while keeping both hands completely free. It's way better than a headlamp in that you can jog or run without it flopping all over the place.
    I can hold the leash, light up the area and still have one hand completely free.
    It also works great out to 25Y or so while shooting with a standard 2 handed grip.
    The only downside is if it's on your left wrist you have to use your right hand to turn it on and vice a versa. No big deal when you use it like I am as a general purpose light and turn it on prior to entering dark areas, but it might be a bit awkward to turn on while trying to do something else.
    While it doesn't replace a WML or a flashlight, it does complement them very well. Like I said, it's perfect for walking the dog after dark while carrying my usual CCW which doesn't have a WML mounted.

Attachment 4605
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

This place is expensive.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I see your dog-walking flashlight, and raise you this beast of a flashlight.

GJM could probably use this to scare the bears away with this sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Or set them on fire.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I am waiting for the gen 2 version, powered by three AAA batteries like a Petzl headlamp.

With a battery life in nanoseconds !

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This place is expensive.
    No kidding. I think I'm about to order 3 of them. lol
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    I see your dog-walking flashlight, and raise you this beast of a flashlight.

Add a picatinney compatible mount and he'll sell all he can make
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

If you order directly from Surefire they're going for $120, add to cart to see the Holiday discount.
    Don't know when this sale will end but it's still valid as of noon Saturday Nov 28th.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Big sale at Surefire today, with the wrist light available for, as I recall, $119. 600P weapon light for $200, as opposed to the regular $349.

User Tag List