Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Gloves

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I usually get weird looks when I say this, but winter/cold-weather golf gloves could be what you're looking for.

They are water-proofish, pretty warm, give great tactile feedback, and at $15 a pop, I don't mind buying a new set at the beginning of each winter.
    Hackathorn said the same in our class a few years ago and I forgot about that until you posted!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Great idea! I buy a set of those golf gloves every spring. Of course my former user name was linkscoach so that should explain a lot. Never thought about using them for something that is actually useful.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Great idea! I buy a set of those golf gloves every spring. Of course my former user name was linkscoach so that should explain a lot. Never thought about using them for something that is actually useful.
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Link?
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...lf%2Caps%2C168

Honestly though, since I have stupidly shaped hands, gloves are the one bit of apparel that I'll actually go to the store to buy. The local Academy Sports usually has a large selection of regular and winter golf gloves that you can try on before you buy. FWIW...winter golf gloves differ from the regular in that they've got some kind of thin "warm" lining instead of just being thin leather.

Thanks!

I assume there are tons of those types of gloves out there, but $15 dollars a pair seems cheap, so it must be a specific pair, as I imagine you "can" pay much more for golf gloves.

Haven't tried them yet but I asked for a pair of these for Christmas. I use a FootJoy glove to play golf normally, I like their products.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ELW...s2L&ref=plSrch

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Thanks!

I assume there are tons of those types of gloves out there, but $15 dollars a pair seems cheap, so it must be a specific pair, as I imagine you "can" pay much more for golf gloves.
    These are the specific pair that I used last winter.

http://www.amazon.com/Callaway-Therm...er+golf+gloves

I got them from Academy for $16.50 last October.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I usually get weird looks when I say this, but winter/cold-weather golf gloves could be what you're looking for.

They are water-proofish, pretty warm, give great tactile feedback, and at $15 a pop, I don't mind buying a new set at the beginning of each winter.
    Boom. X2. Cheap, functional and effective if not super cold. I prefer Footjoy.

I've always used the Footjoy brand. I buy them in the store so I can try them on first. Golf glove sizing is always a little weird. Also make sure you try on both gloves. People like to switch gloves around for some reason. I came home with two right handed gloves once because I didn't check the package first.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

If you wear golf gloves shooting, do you also wear golf pants?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List