Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Winter Gloves

Winter Gloves

Mechanix Winter Fleece; warm,good fit, allowing for ability to use touch screens. Purchased at big orange box store.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Recent events have me wondering if there are any updates to this thread.
    Lots of good recommendations in the thread.

I use a lot of Black Diamond variations, very GTG.

These are new for winter 2020, but thus far have been GTG for me. My favorites are the Guide Lite: https://beyondclothing.com/collections/gloves
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Looks like SKD got the glove sizing right for farmer hands.

Just checked the Mechanix gloves mentioned above. My fingers are listed as an XX-Small length, palm width is an XL.

By contrast both finger length and palm width are a "small" for SKD.

I think the biggest problem with gloves is that hand sizing is quite variable and a lot of companies have pretty meh fits.

Big fan of the SKD Pig gloves. They make a winter one that’s a good balance of warmth and dexterity.

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    Big fan of the SKD Pig gloves. They make a winter one that’s a good balance of warmth and dexterity.
    I have a set of the SKD Pig winter gloves that have sat in my truck mostly unused since we don't get much cold weather here. I had to walk over to my brother's house and back (about 15 minutes round trip with me taking my time) when it was 0 degrees and my hands were a little chilly, but not bad at all. I used them to shovel the snow and ice off of my driveway as well.

If I was going to spend extended periods of time in weather THAT cold I'd probably want something a little warmer, but I think they are absolutely perfect for my usage.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I just got a pair of the SKD PIG cold weather gloves in myself. Seem nice. Haven't needed them yet but my range is usually really damn cold when I get there (early AM). Just trying them on they seem reasonably warm - not 'midwest winter' warm, but warm enough to work and still flexible enough to hopefully enough to feel the trigger pull.

Recently found these Russian surplus gloves on eBay for $30 shipped. Supposedly part of the new Russian winter system. I bought from this particular seller and they arrived in a timely manner and are in fact unused and feel substantial and very warm. Fleece inner glove with trigger finger is nice, too.
    These might be overkill for what most people are looking for, but they will be my winter solution for all-night hog hunting next season.
    Size S-M: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Ru...MAAOSwlOJfv70t
    Size L-XL: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Ru...MAAOSwlOJfv70t

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Recently found these Russian surplus gloves on eBay for $30 shipped. Supposedly part of the new Russian winter system. I bought from this particular seller and they arrived in a timely manner and are in fact unused and feel substantial and very warm. Fleece inner glove with trigger finger is nice, too.
    These might be overkill for what most people are looking for, but they will be my winter solution for all-night hog hunting next season.
    Size S-M: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Ru...MAAOSwlOJfv70t
    Size L-XL: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Ru...MAAOSwlOJfv70t
    Just ordered these to try!

Site Supporter
    Those with the PIG cold weather gloves, do you still like them? My hands are always cold these days if the temperature drops into even the 40s. I'd like a pair of gloves that offers some warmth and dexterity maybe down into the 30s and I'm considering picking up a pair of these while they're 10% off for the holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Those with the PIG cold weather gloves, do you still like them? My hands are always cold these days if the temperature drops into even the 40s. I'd like a pair of gloves that offers some warmth and dexterity maybe down into the 30s and I'm considering picking up a pair of these while they're 10% off for the holiday.
    I love mine, they’re just not at all water resistant. That hasn’t been a problem for me except the one time I tried using them while learning to ski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List