Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Gloves

Winter Gloves

Now that the jacket situation has been figured out, what are people doing for gloves?

I am half tempted to get the arcteryx leaf gloves - http://leaf.arcteryx.com/product.asp...sault-Glove-FR to see how they work in the winter, but I already have a few different gloves, rifle-type gloves, driving insulated leather gloves and insulated outdoor duty gloves (hatch all weather).

Issue with all of the gloves I have is that they are bulky, can't operate a pistol well and cannot use cellphone (all gloves are a good 3 years old, at least).
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Those Arcteryx Leafs look nice. I recently picked up a pair of Outdoor Research Alibi II ice-climbing gloves. Feel great so far, lots of traction, can run a pistol just fine. No touch-screen technology though...so I come up short there. My pair is just big enough to squeeze a set of liners in, but that does compromise dexterity. So far at ~20-30 degrees I haven't needed the liners.

-Rob

Magpul just announced 5 different gloves, some with touchscreen capability. I'd peep those.

Because so many fall victim to lost in the induced chaos I resupplied my Ranger student with the Mechanix insulated version which are still only about $25. He reported they were great in Mountain about exactly one year ago. Some 20s-30s, but not real bitter.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

+1 on the Mechanix insulated gloves, unless touch screen is a must.

Not seeing any insulated gloves at Magpul.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

I saw the magpul gloves, and i may pick up a pair of the flight gloves, maybe.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I've got a pair of Mountain Hardware Torsion Gloves that I'm very happy with.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-24-2015 at 11:52 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

My winter cold weather glove program is the lightweight Rogers Shooting gloves as a base layer (or only layer in less cold conditions) under heavier and warmer Arcteryx gloves.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

OR makes the only stand alone gloves I've used that are really waterproof, somewhat warm, and still let me use my weapons. If I don't really need warmth or water proofness, then PIG gloves are the best I've used. Other than the Magpul gloves, I have or have had all of the gloves listed in this thread, and a few more. Pretty personal choice, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    OR makes the only stand alone gloves I've used that are really waterproof, somewhat warm, and still let me use my weapons. If I don't really need warmth or water proofness, then PIG gloves are the best I've used. Other than the Magpul gloves, I have or have had all of the gloves listed in this thread, and a few more. Pretty personal choice, imo.
    Which OR gloves do you have in mind when you say that? Their selection is pretty wide.

User Tag List