Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Objective Books About Middle East/Islam

I mean, I went to a pretty small private college prep high school and I took several mddle eastern history and related type classes. One of our religious classes covered all religions other than christ based and Judaism. I know its not standard in public schools, especially in an urban area, just figured it wouldnt be too far off, guess i was incorrect in my assumption.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

The one I'm reading now is David Crist's The Twilight War. It's about our relations with Iran since the fall of the shah and it's very well researched with many, many citations.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Pay attention? In one's teenage years? To what the teacher is saying?
    Who does that when there's things like girls and football!
    I was in the AP program in high school, and had some wonderful teachers. It just seemed like we never covered anything that wasn't related to either Europe or the US somehow. Like others said, it basically stopped with the Pyramids.

Regarding the other two: I was a major geek in high school (still am), and football went 1-9 my senior year. You know the team sucks when the nerds feel sorry for you.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I mean, I went to a pretty small private college prep high school and I took several mddle eastern history and related type classes.
    I underlined the important part. Private schools have more flexibility in their curriculum, and generally don't have to teach to the lowest common denominator.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List