Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock Magazine Loading/Springs

I'd just point the investigator to this thread where I discussed deliberately downloading my spare mag.
    Checkmate!
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-23-2015 at 08:03 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I appreciate the replies, as I thought, just wanted to verify.
    Some people claim leaving a magazine fully loaded will cause the spring to "set", to loose it's tension, and force, to push up further rounds. This of course is not true, as the act of compressing and relaxing the spring will cause the most degradation due to metal fatigue. So, load it, top it off, and no worries.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I'd just point the investigator to this thread where I discussed deliberately downloading my spare mag.
    Checkmate!
    Right.

Good luck with that.

Every gun store commando knows you have to download your mags!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Thanks for your technical contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    These gunstore commandos also download their mags. https://youtu.be/f7ViI2UWFKg

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Here's the problem with that…

Some will no doubt scoff at this… but not, I'll wager, anybody who has ever been involved in a shooting investigation where anomalies were present. I have been on both sides of that interview table, and I can assure you… the average investigator is not very gun savvy, and even if he is he is looking for anything out of the ordinary. Downloading magazines is usually done by two types of people... and I am NOT suggesting that you are one of those, but the fact remains that it is not "normal".

I'm really not getting this. Why might downloading a magazine be done for nefarious purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    I'm really not getting this. Why might downloading a magazine be done for nefarious purpose?
    It's not the downloading that could look bad, it's that to a non gun savvy type investigator it may look like an extra round got fired contrary to the defender's statement to the authorities. That sort of anomaly may (only may) make the investigator look at the defender as a possible liar and things can go downhill really fast from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    It's not the downloading that could look bad, it's that to a non gun savvy type investigator it may look like an extra round got fired contrary to the defender's statement to the authorities. That sort of anomaly may (only may) make the investigator look at the defender as a possible liar and things can go downhill really fast from there.
    Thank you. Saved me some typing.

My pleasure

User Tag List