Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pretty Happy With This Find

Site Supporter
    I have a glock 27 that is very accurate.

This summer I was banging this steel at a 100 yds with a minus connector and a ny1 trigger spring. Now my glock 22, I might be able to keep the rounds on a 4x4 foot sheet of plywood. Both of the glocks are e series.

Nice shooter.

More thread drift. I've been really wanting what I call a m13 mountain gun. A m13 with a thin barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations, Stephanie B.!

I wish I had not traded-off any of my revolvers that I acquired in the Eighties and Nineties, especially those I carried into harm's way, and glad I kept the ones I did. "Re-buying" them now, takes patience, dedication to the search, and no small amount of money.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-23-2015 at 05:57 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Most of the guns I own are black, plastic, and soulless, but I grabbed a Model 19 about 2 years ago for $450 shipped. It was and still is easily my favorite handgun. I will be acquiring more smiths from that era, no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    This summer I was banging this steel at a 100 yds with a minus connector and a ny1 trigger spring. Now my glock 22, I might be able to keep the rounds on a 4x4 foot sheet of plywood. Both of the glocks are e series.

Nice shooter.

More thread drift. I've been really wanting what I call a m13 mountain gun. A m13 with a thin barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not trying to be an ass (seriously), but we are talking about guys essentially working the head only on that target at 100. That is a serious world of accuracy on both the shooter and guns part. Me.......that is about my world as I could likely see that. On a good note......anybody working at 100 is doing themselves a ton of good.

The smaller of the little circles in front of my 686 and Wayne's VP9 at 100 is what we "try" to work. One of us is far more successful at it than the other.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 11-23-2015 at 06:01 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Regarding accuracy of revolvers-versus-Glocks, I have never been able to shoot a Glock as well as a 4" K-frame or GP100. The more I train with a Glock, the better I become with a DA revolver. Assuming equal-quality sights on both weapons, if I had to head-shoot* a pair of terrorists in a restaurant, I would much rather do it with a sixgun, and use a Glock as my "reload." In actual practice, I have pointed a GP100 or S&W Model 19 at several felons, while my "primary duty" 1911, Glock, or SIG remained holstered, because I could shoot a DA sixgun more consistently accurately, at range, than any of the mentioned autos. (I was as accurate with a 1911, but less consistently so under stress, and a felony stop is stressful.)

*My present limitation is being able to see my sights, of course; age is not being kind to my eyes. I wish I could have an Aimpoint Micro T-1, or better, on anything I shoot now.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-23-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Are Glocks poor platforms for shooting at 25+ yards? I always got the impression many on the forum shoot Glocks at pretty high levels, including further distances..
    There are some very high level Glock shooters here, but I don't believe they represent the average officer or shooter.

I don't own a Glock that I consider really accurate. My 2nd and 3rd gen Glocks are 3" - 4" with duty loads at 25 yards. That's about half of what my SIGs will do, at least in my hands. Glocks are service accurate for sure, but they have a well deserved reputation for being temperamental to hand pressure and variation in grip. I know mine are way more grip sensitive than my SIGs and SIG and Glock triggers shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. IMO, they are less mechanical accurate and also harder than some other platforms to wring out the inherent accuracy.

Glock triggers can be shot well, especially at the law enforcement stressed under 15 yards. If you started requiring longer distances, such as 50 yards, and large percentage of officers form most departments will fail. How often is that necessary? Hard to say; but I do know a couple of troopers who were involved in longer than statistical average shootings with pistols. Its also not just hitting full-sized targets at distance. That skill translates into hitting partial targets at closer range.
    Last edited by LSP552; 11-23-2015 at 09:05 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    it's easy for someone to say they're doing great when they hit anywhere on the human-shaped silhouette at 25 yards.
    Yep. Why I like shooting Bullseye.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Yep. Why I like shooting Bullseye.
    Id like to do some Bullseye shooting. In todays action shooting age, it seems slow motion, but its a part of what I really enjoy shooting for.

I recall when I first started shooting a lot, I sold guns that wouldnt do any better than 3" or so at 25. After being used to Smith revolvers that were generally 1 1/2" guns or better, it was hard to accept 3-4" as OK.

The '60s Colt National Match 45 shot very well, but I've not been able to consistently shoot any autoloader as well as a revolver, except perhaps the Smith 41 and Ruger MkI target 22 with 6 7/8" heavy barrel. Have never been able to shoot any of them on moving stuff like running small game or things in the air as well as revolvers for some reason.
    Last edited by Malamute; 11-23-2015 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Most of the guns I own are black, plastic, and soulless, but I grabbed a Model 19 about 2 years ago for $450 shipped. It was and still is easily my favorite handgun. I will be acquiring more smiths from that era, no doubt about it.
    I have a 6" Model 19 that I bought a very long time ago. It is scarily accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Id like to do some Bullseye shooting. In todays action shooting age, it seems slow motion, but its a part of what I really enjoy shooting for.
    It's probably about as easy a handgun shooting sport to get into as there is, at least for gear. A Ruger (22/45) Mk. II/III with two magazines or a decent .22 revolver is all one needs.

User Tag List