Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MAGPUL Tejas Belt

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I'm just not enough of a cowboy to be able to wear that.
    Do they look "western" to you?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I got one for christmas and have worn it basically every day since. If I wear gear to work it gets trashed which I have been wearing this belt. I am not overly impressed it does some things quite well but overall quality is laking for me. Things I like are it has stayed straight being 6 foot 215 pounds I am rounder than I should be and belts tend to stretch out this one has held its shape. I have a love hate relationship with the how the polymer backing stays in place. Holds gear in place well this I like but it does not adjust easily that can be a pain. Now the bad it is already missing a bunch of stiching and is delaminating in a spot. I atribute this to the fact that the stitching isn't recessed like quality leatherwork. Like I said I'm hard on gear for the average guy its probably not an issue but for the money I think when this one dies I'll try one of JRC's custom horsehide ones. As a side note my old 50 dollar galco lasted about 2 years and is still together just streched out.

Thanks for posting this OP. I didn't even know this was out there and thought that I would be looking at another brand with standard hole spacing. Fairly simple yet novel idea. I'm glad that they kept the belt more supple and stayed away from the cool guy gunfighter look as I can have this belt serve plenty of roles.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I thought it could even pass muster here in Atlanta with some nice jeans and a button down. It doesn't say "yee haw" to me.

Its a great belt, you won't be disappointed. I have been wearing it every day since I received it.

Quote Originally Posted by NCmtnman View Post
    Thanks for posting this OP. I didn't even know this was out there and thought that I would be looking at another brand with standard hole spacing. Fairly simple yet novel idea. I'm glad that they kept the belt more supple and stayed away from the cool guy gunfighter look as I can have this belt serve plenty of roles.

...yes?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Clearly the first Magpul marketing image made a deep first impression...

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

MAGPUL Tejas Belt

The Tejas belt is very nice looking, and I don't think it looks particularly western. It is remarkably rigid, in fact I still haven't worn mine enough for it to really contour to me yet (it still wants to be a circle rather than an oval to fit me). I like the screws with the built in swiveling thumbscrew heads so you can change out the buckle without tools. The holes every 3/4 inch are nice, but I've had that on my Beltman belt for years and wouldn't do without it.

It is really thick though, as someone else mentioned I don't believe the website originally listed the thickness. I bet that changed due to buyer's surprise once people started receiving them. I ordered the belt to replace an old, worn Beltman belt in hopes it would be thinner because of the polymer backer. Wrong! Considerably thicker than the Beltman double-thick belt. This is a problem for me, because where the belt is doubled over for the buckle it's not going to fit inside many hard Kydex loops. And that doubled section is long enough that on me (skinny), it pushes my magazine carrier far enough left it's practically on my hip bone (AIWB). If you carry a mag that way, or carry AIWB on the left side, keep this in mind. Mine is a size 36 for reference and from the tip of the buckle to the end of the doubled over section is 5 3/8". That has to go between your holster and mag carrier if you carry both up front.

Make sure when you order that you get the size right the first time, and if your are in between sizes take their advice and round up.

I measured a Beltman belt of mine prior to ordering and found my most used notch in between sizes, but closer to the lower number so I rounded down. I received the belt within just a couple of days, but knew as soon as I took it out of the box that I had rounded the wrong direction. So I called MagPul for an RMA. Hold time was right at 23 minutes for that first call, finally got a very nice but harried sounding lady on the line who issued me an RMA and had the email with return instructions to me within the hour. Shipped it out (my mistake/my expense, no qualms there), and it was received by MagPul two days later. Three weeks and some days later without a word, I emailed an inquiry. A week after that without response I called again. Hold time for that call was 22 minutes, and all the guy could tell me was that they had just closed out the RMA so it must be shipped and I should have it soon but he couldn't give me a tracking number. Two weeks later, it finally shows up . A couple of days after that, I get an email response to my email inquiry of a month prior informing me that he sees I have received my exchange and to let me know if they can do anything else for me.

(ETA: In fairness to MagPul, the belt returned to them December 17th, so yeah...Christmas probably had some impact.)

For other styles or positions of carry than AIWB w/ a mag carrier weak side, I think it would be a great belt. Probably better suited to someone with more meat on them than me (in which case AIWB may even work). I think it would really excel at OWB. I bet you could strut around with a .50 Desert Eagle hanging from this thing without any sagging. You'd still look like a numbnuts with a .50 Deagle on his hip, but I bet the belt wouldn't sag.
    Last edited by Rick_ICT; 02-23-2016 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I'm just not enough of a cowboy to be able to wear that.
    Same.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    The black one is fairly conventional in appearance.
    Would stand out like a sore thumb if I wore it to work. Might not be as bad otherwise but it would still get noticed.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Would stand out like a sore thumb if I wore it to work. Might not be as bad otherwise but it would still get noticed.
    What kind of belt do you wear to work, what kind of dress?

I agree it doesn't fit with a suit or formal attire, but it's not too far off what I wear every day in the office.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List