Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MAGPUL Tejas Belt

MAGPUL Tejas Belt

I have been looking for a good belt to wear everyday with "work" clothes and a tucked in shirt. I have worn the Mean Gene Leathers leather Victory Aegis belt (which I like a lot) but find it is a little thicker than I really wanted.

Magpul recently introduced their Tejas belt. Based on the description, it appeared to meet the criteria of what I was looking for for an everyday belt. I reviewed the sizing directions and placed my order. I promptly received it within 3 days. My initial impression is very good. The belt is about 1/4" thick and the polymer backing is soft yet very grippy. I like that so the gear on the belt stays in place and doesn't move around. So far it has been a very comfortable belt to wear. I plan on using it in class this weekend and see how it does. One small note, based on their instructions for determining belt size, I measured a belt that I have used extensively and found that I was in-between sizes. I ended up ordering the size up and find that it might be a little big if I wear it without my carry gun (I carry AIWB).

It is not a dress belt by any means but for someone who dresses in business casual or jeans and are looking for a good looking non tactical gun belt, I say give the Magpul Tejas belt a look.
    Last edited by Crusader8207; 11-20-2015 at 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling of Magpul

Looks pretty sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very cool - looking forward to seeing how it goes in class. I've been wanting something non-tactical looking for awhile.

What is the width -- don't see that listed on their website?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Its under product details then features...
    "Standard 1-1/2" wide and 1/4" thick to fit most belt loops and holsters" - it didn't say how thick it was

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What is the width -- don't see that listed on their website?
    It does say 1.5" under "product details."

Thanks, I was looking under "specs." Looks very interesting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just picked one of these up and wore it out to the range today with my Brigadier Tactical 92G. Compared to my Galco SB3, the Tejas is noticeably thicker and stiffer, but not uncomfortably so. As noted by the OP, the polymer back is grippy and really minimizes gear shift. I like the 3/4" spacing for the belt holes - a bit more adjustability compared to the Galco as well. I'll post more thoughts after using it for a while.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I'm just not enough of a cowboy to be able to wear that.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

The black one is fairly conventional in appearance.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List