Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 139: Pistol NOW!

Shot this twice. Once at the beginning of my quick session and once at the end. The first one was hero or zero, and it ended up being a huge zero lol. smokin splits though . Obviously out shooting my sights. I think I better grip would have been better.

Second go around I wasn't gonna have any misses. I was out of ammo and was not going to come back to PF and post two zeros from 5 yards with a 5.5" target lol. I made a point to really squeeze the crap out of my gun. Worked nice, wonder why I don't grip it this hard all the time?

Hero or zero!! 6.53. 1.69 draw and a 2.46 reload

"Don't miss.. And don't go slow! But don't miss.." 8.52 1.78 draw and a 2.97 reload

Last edited by Luke; 11-21-2015 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Is there any reason drills may have a higher round count like this, instead of 5-10 shot string? I just always wonder whether I’d get more out of running a drill multiple times with a reduced round count versus one run with more rounds. In any case, this one sounds tough but possibly doable and seems like a FAST lite.
    It's to punish 1911 guys.
    Damned Glockenspielers.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    "Don't miss.. And don't go slow! But don't miss.." 8.52 1.78 draw and a 2.97 reload
    Why the sad face? You passed with over 2 sec to spare!

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Why the sad face? You passed with over 2 sec to spare!
    Mainly the reload. A school bus pulled up across the street right as I started the reload, she dropped 6 kids off, 1 had to go back and get his lunch box, I remember hearing her pull away just as I was almost done with the reload.

7.78; 1.38 draw, 1.84 reload.

I started looking for the reload. I am pretty sure that is when I threw the shot into the 9-ring at 8 o'clock. Checked my target during the reload and almost did not get back on my sights. The shot after the reload is the one in the 9-ring at 10 o'clock (in the shadow).

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  27.8 KB
    C Class shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    7.78; 1.38 draw, 1.84 reload.

I started looking for the reload. I am pretty sure that is when I threw the shot into the 9-ring at 8 o'clock. Checked my target during the reload and almost did not get back on my sights. The shot after the reload is the one in the 9-ring at 10 o'clock (in the shadow).

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  27.8 KB
    Not being caught totally by the surprised by the reload is a challenge. Mine are 2.75 to 3.2!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Not being caught totally by the surprised by the reload is a challenge. Mine are 2.75 to 3.2!
    1.84 was a good reload for me on this drill. Usually I am around a 2.25. I would like to think it is because I have been working on my reloads, but I think it was because I was anticipating it. My two splits preceding the reload were a .41 and a .39; the others were all around .30.
    Last edited by Kevin B.; 11-22-2015 at 02:46 PM.
    C Class shooter.

"When is this thing gonna run out of bullets???"

Shot from OWB

RTF2 G19
    Raw time 8.52. One shot outside the black way low, so 9.52. https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/

Gen 4 G26
    Raw time 9.62 and 1 just a hair high for a 10.62. https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/

Then tried it with the G31 and the wheels came off, losing the grip/recoil control battle with 11.01 raw and 5 outside hits for a 16.01!
    Last edited by JHC; 11-22-2015 at 03:28 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Great work with the G26 JHC, your reloads are very smooth. What kind of camera set up where you using for video?

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    Great work with the G26 JHC, your reloads are very smooth. What kind of camera set up where you using for video?
    Slow is smooth! LOL

It's a GoPro.
    Last edited by JHC; 11-22-2015 at 04:11 PM.

User Tag List