Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the 3rd Gen S&W

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    S&W autos just get me drooling for some reason. Not quite sure why. Never owned one but have come close numerous times. One of these days...probably after I master calculus at age 53...I will also master their numbering system.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Came across a beautiful 5906 today. No holster wear, but the barrel wear suggests it's been shot a bit. I swear I don't need it, but there's a part of me that wants it anyway. A lot.
    I feel the same way about a m59 and one of those chopped down 59's. It is illogical but I still want one.

My 3913 is the only 3rd Gen S&W I've kept. Bought this one new in 1993. It is a little laser and is the only 2nd or 3rd Gen S&W I've owned that I could consider reliable.

It has the best DA pull of all my DA/SA pistols. Better than German Sigs and well shot CZs.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I have a 6946 that is my preferred carry gun when my clothing is compatible with a double-stack gun.

Name:  6946.JPG
Views: 935
Size:  35.6 KB

For me, it's like having a 13-shot DAO revolver, and what's not to like about that?

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

My 3913 is the only 3rd Gen S&W I've kept. Bought this one new in 1993. It is a little laser and is the only 2nd or 3rd Gen S&W I've owned that I could consider reliable.

It has the best DA pull of all my DA/SA pistols. Better than German Sigs and well shot CZs.
    My older 3913 looks just like that, except for the grip tape on the front strap. I have a late LS as well that I put Trijicons on.

A couple of unusual S&W 3rd Generation guns.

1) Novak full-house on S&W 915 with Bar-Sto barrel. The luxury 5903.

Novak 3906. A relatively rare gun with a few minor tweaks to the trigger guard, a strong-side safety replacing the factory ambi, and the addition of Novak sights. This is my daughter's favorite gun as it is as flat as a 1911 and very easy to shoot well. There is also a spare upper with adjustable sights as well.

Last edited by farscott; 03-30-2016 at 04:34 AM.

Site Supporter
    My 3913LS that I will carry today (whenever not in an NPE).
    Name:  1459347831392.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  38.9 KB

That 3913LS always reminds me as a sort of a beefed-up and updated Mauser HSC...I never quite got around to getting one, thought. The 3913/3923 LS guns have consistently garnered excellent reviews over the years.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    This is my one and only 3rd gen a 4553, it was in the used case for too long and I couldn't pass up the temptation.

I put a box of ammo though it, it's a nice shooter. I don't know if I'll carry it though it's like almost new in box with the case cleaning brushes the whole bit. The only downside is that it had XS sights on it. I'm not much into safe queens, but this one might be the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    I've contacted him about one. Trying to figure out which mold to send him. 6906 or 5906? Can someone confirm the square frame 5906 and 6906 have the same length dust cover? If so, I'll source a 6906 blue gun mold since it has the short slide/barrel.
    Dust covers are the same length, I have 5903, 6906, 6946, and 3953. Except for barrel length (closed bottom holsters) they all fit the same holsters. I've tried other pistols, but nothing works for me like a 3rd gen S&W!
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

User Tag List