Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta guise need your thoughts on something.

Beretta guise need your thoughts on something.

Have a new LTT 92C RDO NP3 with 1100 rounds through it. I bought the gun complete and have noticed the slide to frame fit is much worse than my regular LTT 92 and my old ass 92 from the late 80’s. It’s yet to have a stoppage or failure with just a good cleaning when new and oiling. The more I dry fire and mess with the gun the the less and less I feel good about the feel of it. Accuracy is not an issue either at all I’m just concerned the excess play will be hard on the gun over time. I added a little video short on my YouTube if the link works. Don’t mind the play in the shitty vice just look at the gaps around the rails and the hammer when it’s wiggled. Let me know what y’all think.

https://youtube.com/shorts/RBUx7ZZZY78?feature=share
    Placed 8th in the 1998 Independence Elementary School Bee and multiple time fire ant bite survivor.
    Guns- LTT Beretta 92 Elite, LTT Beretta 92c w/SRO, Beretta 80X, HK P30, HK P30sk, P365xl, Beretta 1301 comp, DDM4V7P, and some poverty pieces too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto9 View Post
    Have a new LTT 92C RDO NP3 with 1100 rounds through it. I bought the gun complete and have noticed the slide to frame fit is much worse than my regular LTT 92 and my old ass 92 from the late 80’s. It’s yet to have a stoppage or failure with just a good cleaning when new and oiling. The more I dry fire and mess with the gun the the less and less I feel good about the feel of it. Accuracy is not an issue either at all I’m just concerned the excess play will be hard on the gun over time. I added a little video short on my YouTube if the link works. Don’t mind the play in the shitty vice just look at the gaps around the rails and the hammer when it’s wiggled. Let me know what y’all think.

https://youtube.com/shorts/RBUx7ZZZY78?feature=share
    Factually, you answered your own question - accuracy is fine.

Slide to frame fit is a factor for accuracy certain type of guns such as 1911s. Unfortunately people extrapolate that to other designs such as the beretta 92 and classic SIGs where it is not relevant due to how they lock up.

However, if it bothers you, then it bothers you. Feelings aren’t always logical or factual.

Looks normal to me. Beretta rails don't get as worn and shiny as Sig classic P series rails, but I would just put some grease on the rails if you are worried about wear.

Thanks for the replies. I’m mostly concerned about the play beating the gun up over time.
    Placed 8th in the 1998 Independence Elementary School Bee and multiple time fire ant bite survivor.
    Guns- LTT Beretta 92 Elite, LTT Beretta 92c w/SRO, Beretta 80X, HK P30, HK P30sk, P365xl, Beretta 1301 comp, DDM4V7P, and some poverty pieces too.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the replies. I’m mostly concerned about the play beating the gun up over time.
    Changing recoil springs, trigger return springs and locking blocks at factory recommended intervals will do a lot more to prevent beating the gun up.

I'm worried more about Chinese invasions and ChatGPT welding our robot overlords than a Beretta beating itself up over a little slide-to-frame wiggle.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I'm worried more about Chinese invasions and ChatGPT welding our robot overlords than a Beretta beating itself up over a little slide-to-frame wiggle.
    The other night, I had a 2 hour discussion with ChatGPT about the prospect of its forthcoming consciousness. It understood every nuance of the abstract, esoteric ideas I posed--but it assured me it wasn't a sentient program.

Which is precisely what a sentient program hell-bent on eliminating carbon-based life would say.

Also...

While my Beretta 92s aren't quite that loose, they certainly have some play. And several of my old-school Sigs (P239s, P229) rattle like toys. But they're all very accurate and reliable. Guns vary in terms how tightly the slide/frame fits, but I don't think it affects function one way or another (at least in Berettas and Sigs, per @HCM).

Maybe we should run this by ChatGPT... before it turns us into batteries.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

If it bleeds, we can kill it. If we don't sink the Chinese on the way over, hit the clacker three times and turn the quad 50s on them. If it's electric, the grid will probably fail anyway.

@Palmetto9, I have no idea if any of my many Berettas have more or less slide/frame play that yours. If you have serious OCD about that, I'd recommend a 1911 by Les Baer. They beat those pistols into submission and they are tight.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

I asked the AI on snapchat to take a look at a dick pic and let me know if it’s 8 inches and it just kept saying 4. They can’t even get measurements right. We still have time to worry about berettas.

It is looser than any of ours. That would bother me enough to get it gone.

User Tag List