Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: French LE weapon choices

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Yeah, Joie de vivre.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    pa·nache
    pəˈnaSH,pəˈnäSH/
    noun
    flamboyant confidence of style or manner.
    "he entertained Palm Springs society with great panache"
    synonyms: flamboyance, confidence, self-assurance, style, flair, elan, dash, verve, zest, spirit, brio, éclat, vivacity, gusto, liveliness, vitality, energy;
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    If you are authorized to carry an MR73...hell I'd consider it nearly criminal not to.
    The world is not flat!! Your gun shouldn't be either!

But don't take my word for it, let's refer to some badasses for reference...

Name:  TrueGrit228.jpeg
Views: 417
Size:  10.5 KBName:  600px-Mcquuen_bullitt.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  56.2 KBName:  crime-movies-dirty-harry-callahan-clint-eastwood-via-theedgeoftheframe.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  51.4 KBName:  84704609_small.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  25.6 KB

Anyone have any idea what was used on the apartment that necessitated the DNA testing on the remains of the terrorists from the raid on the apartment? Are they issued any weapons heavier than the small arms already described? Enthusiastic explosive breaching?

Quote Originally Posted by PSBT4117 View Post
    Anyone have any idea what was used on the apartment that necessitated the DNA testing on the remains of the terrorists from the raid on the apartment? Are they issued any weapons heavier than the small arms already described? Enthusiastic explosive breaching?
    Someone with more info may come correct me and make me look like a fool, but I saw a video of the suicide belt going off and it looked like quite a blast. I think that alone could make DNA testing necessary.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Someone with more info may come correct me and make me look like a fool, but I saw a video of the suicide belt going off and it looked like quite a blast. I think that alone could make DNA testing necessary.

If you look closely you can see the skull and spine of the bomber flying out the window

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Someone with more info may come correct me and make me look like a fool, but I saw a video of the suicide belt going off and it looked like quite a blast. I think that alone could make DNA testing
    Probably would depend on size/construction of the device. Also, there was a a decent amount of rounds fired by RAID in the incident I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by PSBT4117 View Post
    Probably would depend on size/construction of the device. Also, there was a a decent amount of rounds fired by RAID in the incident I thought.
    A suicide vest was detonated.

Typically the only thing that remains in such cases is the head, in whatever condition.

DNA is a surefire way to identify someone.

Not much else to explain.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Maybe I phrased it wrong. Taking into account what a suicide vest could do to the scene and the person wearing it, was anything more powerful than long guns? Multiple news outlets reported the French prosecutors office reported "powerful munitions" were used.

I ask because I'm curious if anyone know if Euro LEOS have access to a broader range of heavier weapons because of the way they are structured or their roles. Someone mentioned earlier the Gendarmes had an armored component. Just curious how other countries are dealing with these threats.

Site Supporter
    Article on the Mousqueton / French Mini 14

http://www.shootingillustrated.com/a...2yd-c.facebook

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    When the revolvers were originally issued? Yes, reliable expanding bullets. For years and years the GIGN/GIPN used a 158-grain semi-jacketed hollowpoint loaded by Norma to about 1350 fps. The MR73 was designed to handle 100,000+ rounds of that ammunition before needing an overhaul. By all accounts they are also exceptionally accurate. GIGN has maintained the revolvers for a variety of reasons, but I think most of it is a holdover from an older time. The French used .357 revolvers from the mid-1960s until around 2000. When they switched to the PAMAS G1 (A French licensed and built Beretta 92) and then the SP2022s they use now.
    Any idea what round GIGN uses in their Glocks? I have seen it mentioned that the French police and gendarmes generally use the 124 gr. +P Gold Dot, but I don's know how reliable that is.

User Tag List