Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 size single stack?

I shoot the XDS well. I really wish they would have left the grip safety off of it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    I'm also a fan of the Kahr's for when I need something slimmer than my G19. I have a P9 that is carried often, and a CW9 that serves as a training gun. I don't shoot them nearly as much as my standard size pistols, but I've got a little over 4K through the pair now with no issues.

Both guns needed a little dehorning on the slide and slide stop, and my CW9 needed some sanding to reduce the grip length so the magazines would seat correctly, neither of which I consider to be a big deal. I've also tweaked the mag release to make it harder to accidentally jettison the magazine, and switched the sights based on personal preference.

Everything I've seen has me convinced that the P9/CW9-sized guns are less finicky than the PM/CM versions.

At some point, I may chop a P9 or CW9 to "PM" grip length.

I've also toyed with the idea of buying a TP9 and chopping the grip to P9 length, but haven't seen many TP9's for sale lately. There is also a budget version of the TP9, called the CT9, that might be easier to find. Summit Gun Broker had them for $299 awhile back.

Specifically for GreggW, Kahr does offer LE/Mil discounts, so check the "qualified professional" section at Bud's.

Attachment 5717

The single stack 3rd Gens are worth a look IMO.

Local indoor range was packed today. The line to rent a pistol and get into the range was crazy long. I didn't even bother trying to get to the rental counter. I checked several places and they all had the PM/CM size Kahr but that was it. Also couldn't find a PPS M2.

I noticed a couple things about the Kahr that I hadn't before. I liked the feel of the trigger more than I remembered. The trigger reach at the break felt really short. Finally the trigger guard was a lot smaller than I remembered. Knuckle was hitting the trigger guard during dry fire. It's really hard to tell if any of these things will make a difference when I actually test one though.

After messing around with a PPS again I'm going to hold off until I can test a M2. Ideally I would like to test a CW9 and PPS side by side.

Side notes that do me no good. I really like light weight commanders. I also really like the M&P9c. To bad it really doesn't gain me anything over the 19. Same with the new 225. Really nice pistol but it isn't small at all.

S&W should build a 9mm single stack the size of a M&P 22c.

Last but not least I've allowed myself to decide that a polymer single stack may not be for me. The world probably won't end if I decide to stick with a 19 and a J frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    The world probably won't end if I decide to stick with a 19...

I'm NOT a Glock guy, but there's a really good list of reasons that pistol is as prolific a carry choice as it is. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Which holster(s) from CCC are you using for your Kahr, Chuck?
    I am currently using the Versa Clip. Planning to get a V2 Uno soon.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Vending Machine Operator
    Luckily I own both a G19G4 and a PPS so lemme grab you a comparison snap real quick.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Vending Machine Operator
    All of these are with the mid-size 7 round mag, which is how I carry it. The 6 and 8 round mags shorten and lengthen the grip (I own both so I can adjust my carry as needed to my outfit) but the 7-rounder is very much the Goldilocks to my hand.

Apologies for the cereal bowl background in #4.

All guns and magazines were unloaded for safety for the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 01-31-2016 at 12:50 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Glock 19 size single stack?

I'm being sincere and not trolling here:

What do you find bad about the GLOCK 19? Many people use it as an EDC. It is only slightly larger than stuff like the PPS, yet it carries 200% as many bullets. It's been far more tested by departments, units, professional competitors, and is most likely the most reliable of the options out there. Consider that there are millions of them sold, and even though people occasionally report an issue with one here and there, they still most likely have a way better ratio of guns without malfunctions than most companies out there. They're cheap. Mags are cheap. Parts are cheap. There's a wider selection of holsters out there. And, unless you have unusually small hands, it's very likely to fit a small hand. (I wear a size Medium glove in tactical gloves and find the gun to feel pretty small still)

Sincerely asking, and I realize that everyone has separate personal preferences, but, what do you perceive to be the advantages to something that is the size of a GLOCK 19 but is a single stack?

ETA: you could also carry a GLOCK 17 mag with an extension and have a 20 rd pocket reload. Meaning: 36 rounds with only 2 mags, vs having to have 4-5 mags in a single stack to carry the same.
    Last edited by Josh Runkle; 01-31-2016 at 08:38 AM.

1) in certain NPE situations, size does matter.

2) in some states, there is a ten round magazine limit, and I am not fond of Glock 19/17 ten round magazines.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List